NFLWeekend One

styxfix

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 7, 2003
Pacific Coast
Sunday, Sept. 11

CBS: (No late game due to US Open Tennis Men Finals)
Cincinnati (8-8) at Cleveland (4-12), 1:00 p.m. ET. (Ian Eagle/Solomon Wilcots)
Denver (10-6) at Miami (4-12), 1:00 p.m. ET. (Verne Lundquist/Dan Dierdorf/Armen Keteyian) - HD
Houston (7-9) at Buffalo (9-7), 1:00 p.m. ET. (Gus Johnson/Brent Jones)
N.Y. Jets (10-6) at Kansas City (7-9), 1:00 p.m. ET. (Jim Nantz/Phil Simms/Bonnie Bernstein) - HD
Tennessee (5-11) at Pittsburgh (15-1), 1:00 p.m. ET. (Kevin Harlan/Randy Cross) - HD

FOX: (Doubleheader)
Chicago (5-11) at Washington (6-10), 1:00 p.m. ET. (Dick Stockton/Daryl Johnston/Tony Siragusa) - HD
New Orleans (8-8) at Carolina (7-9), 1:00 p.m. ET. (Ron Pitts/Tim Ryan/Pam Oliver)
Seattle (9-7) at Jacksonville (9-7), 1:00 p.m. ET. (Craig Shemon/Erik Kramer)
Tampa Bay (5-11) at Minnesota (8-8), 1:00 p.m. ET. (Curt Menefee/J.C. Pearson/Jay Glazer) - HD

(Late game)
Arizona (6-10) at N.Y. Giants (6-10), 4:15 p.m. ET. (Sam Rosen/Bill Maas/Chris Myers) - HD
Dallas (6-10) at San Diego (12-4), 4:15 p.m. ET. (Joe Buck/Troy Aikman/Patrick O'Neal) - HD
Green Bay (10-6) at Detroit (6-10), 4:15 p.m. ET. (Kenny Albert/Brian Baldinger) - HD
St. Louis (8-8) at San Francisco (2-14), 4:15 p.m. ET. (Carter Blackburn/Howard Griffith) -HD

ESPN:
Indianapolis (12-4) at Baltimore (9-7), 8:30 p.m. ET. (Mike Patrick/Paul Maguire/Joe Theismann/Suzy Kolber) - HD

Monday, Sept. 12
ABC:
Philadelphia (13-3) at Atlanta (11-5), 9:00 p.m. ET. (Al Michaels/John Madden/Michele Tafoya) - HD

Here's the breakdown of games on FOX

1PM GAME SUMMARY:
1=CHICAGO @ WASHINGTON 19%
2=TAMPA BAY @ MINNESOTA 24%
3=SEATTLE @ JACKSONVILLE 9%
4=NEW ORLEANS @ CAROLINA 36%
5=Late Game Only 6%
6=TBA 5%

4:15PM GAME SUMMARY:
1=DALLAS @ SAN DIEGO 43%
2=GREEN BAY @ DETROIT 27%
3=ST. LOUIS @ SAN FRANCISCO 9%
4=ARIZONA @ NY GIANTS 15%
5=TBA 5%

plus this site will have pretty maps each week of the break down
http://www.gribblenation.net/personal/jp/2005maps.html

The Jets defense in the 1st Quarter looks like they are sleeping and playing in slow motion while the KC offense passes them over. (Still watching in delay time). I do not know what I would do without a DVR with all these commercials during Football games.

WOW! what a difference? I just switched to my DVR recording of Chicago Bears vs Washington Redskins on Fox and this HD by Fox is Crap. Crap crap crap crap. What a crap is Fox... Saying that this is HD and it is not. Compare this CBS Jets/Chiefs game and this is so bad that I would not even consider showing it to anyone. FOX IS CRAP FOX IS CRAP FOX IS CRAP FOX IS CRAP FOX IS CRAP FOX IS CRAP.;

Seems like we've had a 360 in sound producers this year.

The Sound on both fox games I've seen today are totally bland in comparison to the Dolphins game I watched

Also the Saints game didn't look bad at all for being only 16x9 SD upconverted to 720p. It's a heck of a lot better than CBS SD.

And it also stinks that CBS still can't show HD highlights and game swtiches, while fox can

Watching Giants/Arizona game on Fox. Distance camera is crap; only close ups look decent and nothing to brag about. CBS HD rocks!!! Fox HD ---> I do not think you can call that crap HD of what I have seen so far which was the same as last year except the superbowl.

Ehh The NFL on FOX looks just fine, you must be full of some of that crap ;)

It's a heck of a lot better than the sh*t effort CBS puts forward for NFL

Only 3 Games a week
A 4:3 Studio
No HD Highlights or HD Break Ins
The Incredibly annoying GameTraz bar that sits on the bottom for the whole game

korsjs said:
looks like they are having problems with the video on the packers/lions game on tampa fox. not a smooth picture.

I'm watching the same thing from Minneapolis and yea, it's pretty crummy. Congrats on your Bucs beating my Vikes. I'm hoping this is the beginning of a new trend for the purple guys.. in that they choke at the beginning of the season and not the end.

HAHAHAHAHA *cough cough*

Lions vs Packers looked Great here too,
The outcome looked better yet :yes

Does anyone know how the NFL Replay thing as part of the ST SF works, I was thinking each game would have it's own channel for this and run for a few days, but I've never heard anything for sure.
Interested in the Steelers replay, Dad missed it

Jimbo

I thought that Seattle and Jags game was in HD. Fox showed their 'so-called' HD of its highlights during the Bucs/Vikes game. Hmmmm. I'm under the impression that there is STILL not enough bandwidth to fit all HD telecasts onto Direct's satellite fleet. I bet that game was on HD on Bell. Something to ponder while you open up that Direct Tv Bill.

The Jags game wasn't HD, but it was a very good 16x9 SD broadcast upconverted to 720p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)