nhl center ice question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

waltah

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
NE Ohio
im a dishnetwork subscriber and for 3 seasons its been hit or miss if ill get an HD feed when watching games. NESN always broadcasts in HD but it seems like 70% of the time i get the HD feed and the other 30% i dont. and its not just nesn , other teams broadcasts as well.

so my question, does direct tv have HD feeds 100% of the time?

thanks!

im a dishnetwork subscriber and for 3 seasons its been hit or miss if ill get an HD feed when watching games. NESN always broadcasts in HD but it seems like 70% of the time i get the HD feed and the other 30% i dont. and its not just nesn , other teams broadcasts as well.

thanks!

I think that has more to do with the team sending the signal.

If the game is on an RSN that DTV carries in HD, then yes, the game will be available to CI subs in HD. Canadian based teams (excluding the Leafs), Flyer broadcasts on CSN Philly and OTA broadcast are few and far between.

I know more OTA broadcasts will be in HD this year..as example the MN Wild usually have 20-25 games on OTA TV (KSTC45) and last year 3 or 4 were in HD...this year they all are :)

If the game is on an RSN that DTV carries in HD, then yes, the game will be available to CI subs in HD. Canadian based teams (excluding the Leafs), Flyer broadcasts on CSN Philly and OTA broadcast are few and far between.
There are some games that are only on WGN (OTA AND WGN CANDIAN (SAME FEED)) and rogers sports NET ONE what will be on NHL CI* on D*?

Just to point that he was a Dish sub, and Dish doesn't show all the HD available by the RSN, only "select" (bandwith restrictions) games.

DirecTV carries everything for the RSNs they carry, so Detroit as an example is on FSND and FSND+, of which every game is HD this year and will be on Directv.

OTA (like Minnesota) and Canada gets tougher, but DirecTV does some. Toronto games from RSN Ontario are in HD, but we don't know on the new sportsnet one. Other Canadian feeds are SD, even TSN if I recall.

For American games, if it is broadcast in HD, you will most likely get it in HD.

You might be interested in this.

"With the most nationally-televised NHL regular season games in Canada, TSN and TSN2 deliver Canada's favourite pastime to fans from coast to coast with its 124-game NHL ON TSN broadcast schedule for the 2010-11 regular season. All games are available nationally in High Definition. Games and highlights are also available on demand on TSN.ca."

CBC generally broadcasts the national HNIC games in HD, however sometimes the regionals are in SD. The same goes with Rogers sportsnet. Some of the regional games may be in sd.

Hope this helps out.

BTW HNIC is doing the Kraft Hockeyville Game tonight between Buffalo and Ottawa at Dundas Ontario.

You might be interested in this.

"With the most nationally-televised NHL regular season games in Canada, TSN and TSN2 deliver Canada's favourite pastime to fans from coast to coast with its 124-game NHL ON TSN broadcast schedule for the 2010-11 regular season. All games are available nationally in High Definition. Games and highlights are also available on demand on TSN.ca."

CBC generally broadcasts the national HNIC games in HD, however sometimes the regionals are in SD. The same goes with Rogers sportsnet. Some of the regional games may be in sd.

Hope this helps out.

BTW HNIC is doing the Kraft Hockeyville Game tonight between Buffalo and Ottawa at Dundas Ontario.

Except, here in the states we can't get TSN and TSN2

I just noticed on the nhl.com schedule today that Saturday Night CBC games (HNIC broadcasts) are not listed as NHLN-US HD, it just has CBC next to the game. Does this mean NHL Network is not carrying HNIC on Saturday Nights? This is a big scare to American D* subs.

May call into NHL Live on the NHL Network this afternoon and ask even though they probably have no idea.

Last year on TW we got certain TSN or RSN games in HD. As for the HNIC games in HD on the NHL Net; if they have done away with it, you might want to wait to sub to NHL CI. If that is the case I might just try and put an antenna up first and see if I can get the HD Feed from cbc in Toronto, and save myself the $170 for for NHLCI.

Last year on TW we got certain TSN or RSN games in HD. As for the HNIC games in HD on the NHL Net; if they have done away with it, you might want to wait to sub to NHL CI. If that is the case I might just try and put an antenna up first and see if I can get the HD Feed from cbc in Toronto, and save myself the $170 for for NHLCI.

Nah, I watch games from all over the league. NHL CI and NHLN are separate channels, you don't need CI to get the NHLN.

I've never heard of an antenna that could get a Toronto CBC feed. Is that really possible?

Nah, I watch games from all over the league. NHL CI and NHLN are separate channels, you don't need CI to get the NHLN.

I've never heard of an antenna that could get a Toronto CBC feed. Is that really possible?

If they are not broadcasting the HNIC games on the NHL Net this year, they should be on NHLCI then. Last season, the late game on HNIC was broadcast on NHLCI and not on NHL Net. Also, where I live; TW gives us the analog OTA broadcast of cbc toronto as part of basic cable. Every Sat night both the early and late games are on cbc toronto, which I could get from my house with a very good outdoor HD Antenna, if necessary. CBC does do online streaming of their games too, but that feed is black out on U.S. I.P. addresses.

If they are not broadcasting the HNIC games on the NHL Net this year, they should be on NHLCI then. Last season, the late game on HNIC was broadcast on NHLCI and not on NHL Net. Also, where I live; TW gives us the analog OTA broadcast of cbc toronto as part of basic cable. Every Sat night both the early and late games are on cbc toronto, which I could get from my house with a very good outdoor HD Antenna, if necessary. CBC does do online streaming of their games too, but that feed is black out on U.S. I.P. addresses.

I'm just concerned about HNIC in HD which is how it was carried on NHLN. When the late game went to CI channels, it was the SD feed.

Any way to tell if I can receive the OTA CBC Toronto feed from Long Island? Something tells me not possible.

I'm just concerned about HNIC in HD which is how it was carried on NHLN. When the late game went to CI channels, it was the SD feed.

Any way to tell if I can receive the OTA CBC Toronto feed from Long Island? Something tells me not possible.

You need to be near the US and Canada Border, inorder to have any chance of receiving the OTA broadcast.

Many years ago I could get the CBC feed from Windsor (analog back then)
I have been unable to try and get a digital signal, not sure where I would start to find it actually.

CBC Windsor is still analog...they have not upgraded to digital yet

Unlike Detroit's full-powered analogue TV stations, which under US law were required to cease broadcasting on June 12, 2009, some CBC-owned stations including CBET will continue to broadcast in analogue until August 31, 2012, pending CRTC approval.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)