NHL Center Ice questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mark A Sparks

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
East Tennessee
On the DISH website it states:

"No matter where you live, you can get the best seats in the house with NHL Center Ice"

Follow your favorite teams and players all season long, with up to 40 out-of-market games per week.

So this season, don't miss your chance to make every game a home game.

Select games available in HD.

Questions:

1. How much hype is all of the above statement!
2. Will I really get to see my favorite teams (not blacked out)?
3. How many games are available in HD?
I looked at the schedule and some days only saw one game in HD.

$42.95 X 4 is a lot to spend when you don't know what you are going to get!!!

If some of you that have NHL Center Ice could elaborate on the good vs the bad and if you like the service.

I'm in Eastern Tennessee, how will this effect blackouts.

Thank You,

Its the best $160 (or $170) I spend every season. If you love hockey its so worth it!
As for HD, I would say about a third of the games are in HD. I was hoping for more, but it looks like DISH is in a pissing match with Fox Sports St. Louis and Southwest so we don't get their games in HD like we did last season. I think there is still come capacity issues as pretty much all NHL games are in HD now and they aren't always in HD on Center Ice. There is usually enough to fill my plate though.
As far as blackouts, they will blackout your home team, which I would assume to be Nashville. You would still be able to watch their games on the RSN, provided you receive it. There are other strange blackout rules that may affect you at some point, like Versus vs. RSN or NHL Network vs. RSN, but those really can't be predicted.
Again, as a hockey fan it is the best and cheapest entertainment I have. During the regular season I really don't watch anything except for hockey. You also get the NHL Network, so if you don't have Platinum or Multi-Sport, thats another bonus. I absolutely love On The Fly!
Plus a majority of the games have the home and away feed, so you can choose which feed.

On the DISH website it states:

"No matter where you live, you can get the best seats in the house with NHL Center Ice"

Follow your favorite teams and players all season long, with up to 40 out-of-market games per week.

So this season, don't miss your chance to make every game a home game.

Select games available in HD.

Questions:

1. How much hype is all of the above statement!
2. Will I really get to see my favorite teams (not blacked out)?
3. How many games are available in HD?
I looked at the schedule and some days only saw one game in HD.

$42.95 X 4 is a lot to spend when you don't know what you are going to get!!!

If some of you that have NHL Center Ice could elaborate on the good vs the bad and if you like the service.

I'm in Eastern Tennessee, how will this effect blackouts.

Thank You,

I have both dish and direc...

Big Ny Ranger fan.
2 years ago I bought Center Ice for Dish..They at the time did not have enough
hockey games being televised.

So I brought in Direc tv..They have much more games and in HD. Plus for me
MSG network is the game breaker. Dish does not have it.

So I basically threw my money out with hockey on Dish.
If you have the means..Get CI on Direc. Skip dish on this one.

Dish: Great for movies-Best HD DVR
Direc: hands down sports leader.

Dish has MSG ... I was watching the Rangers game on it last night. Unless they resolved the dispute, no one has MSG in HD on center ice. Perhaps you are talking about MSG-HD living in NY?
I haven't kept tract this season because I didn't have the time, but last season Directv had 12% more games actually in HD on CI than Dish. I say actually, because they often would list it in HD and show it on an HD channel, but it was just the SD feed shown on an HD channel. Better than just on a plain old SD channel, but not HD. This may be a plus for directv as Dish's SD feeds are bad. The only time I really watch a game in SD is when its After Hours (a Hockey Night in Canada show) or the Kings or Ducks and the local RSN isn't showing the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts