NHL Center Ice/RSN update

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Beavis

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Okay, the way it stands now is that people who live in Zip Codes starting with 163, 164, 165, 166, and 167 will not see certain Sabres games on RSN's or NHLCI. Furthermore, those in Zip Codes 080, 085, 086, and 087 won't get certain Rangers, Devils, or Islanders games on RSN's or NHLCI. D* and MSG are working toward an agreement for those zip codes but as it stands now, D* has no rights to broadcast those games in the abovementioned Zip Codes. Hopefully an agreement will be secured soon.

Phew. Thanks for this.

Mine begins with 066, so I guess I am OK from this. I did get 1 1/2 Isles and Devils games blacked out, though. On Saturday they gave me the Isles and Devils games midway through.

Thankfully, as a Ranger fan, I didnt miss any of them yet.

Man, what a worry its been the past days for me, but I guess I am truly OK out of this.

What bull though, for the ones effected, I wish a quick deal, it is totally wrong.

Where did ya grab this useful peice of infomation?

I need to also mention that the blackout/RSN tool on the D* website is per last year (erm wait...2 years ago) rules. We hope to have it updated with the new rules quick.

I find it unusual when you call the NHL and MSG and give them this info concerning Zip's 163-167 they both are trying to determine where D* has gotten this info. Per the NHL zips 163-167 were to be added to the MSG alternate feed as a local RSN and even MSG verified this info. MSG further stated to me today that there is no reason why D* hasn't been broadcasting Sabres telecasts on NHLCI in these zip codes.

I'm still trying to make sense of it too. The info I got clearly stated that D* and MSG are negotiating, and it's local Sabres games in those Zip Codes. Granted, there might be some off chance that there's new info since I left work this afternoon. I'll check the latest info when I work next, which is Thursday.

Its all lies from D* and there CSR's. If this was true, and it is not, then why did the vice president of D* make a formal apology in the Washington Post on Oct.7 about the games not being telivised in Washington, NY, CT,and NJ. Why? because they were not suppose to be blacked out. It was a D* mistake. Second, since Oct. 15 no black outs in the 087 zip code that I live in. It is bad enough that CSR for D* lie to customers but then they actually start to believe there own lies. The sad thing is, I have spoken to CSR Supervisors on two occasions thus far and they have no idea what I am talking about when I mention this zip code thing that I have been told by the CSR. SO PLEASE ALL YOU CSR'S THAT LIE TO MAKE YOUR JOB EASIER, PLEASE STOP. When you lie like this you make cable look very good and that is very bad because cable is the Anti Christ.

This is all Bullsh!t DTV is blacking out all NHL games on the RSN and forcing you to buy NHL Center Ice. Below is my explanation and my zipcode is 43528

I am a LA Kings fan in Ohio and have always watched the Kings on FSNW chan 652 but this year all the games have been blacked out on 652 so I called and they could not explain why it was blacked out. I turned on 652 the other night to see if it was blacked out and it was so I didnt want to miss anymore games and called DTV and ordered Center Ice while I was on 652 with a black screen and when she activated it on the phone BAM! the picture came on.

Why the f*ck should I have to pay twice? I pay for the RSN's and the game is on them why should I have to order CI to see the games I already pay for.

I totally agree. What a frickin' scam. Paying twice for something I should already have after the first go round.

So you think you should be able to view anything on an RSN not in your local area just because you bought the SPorts Package? Have we heard of local copyrights to games in the local broadcast area? ONLY the local areas are allowed by league (NHL, MLB, NBA) rules to broadcast the game for "free" locally. Otherwise that is why you buy the sports subscriptions. Everyone should know that before they get involved. The only thing that is not blacked out on the RSN's are the NCAA National broadcast football games and the "minor" NCAA sports (Hockey, soccer, etc.).

I think you should understood that before you got involved. I mean I don't expect to get to see the MLB games in Chicago when I live in DC and sicne I lived in MI for College that is specifically why I bought Center Ice (See Red WIng Games) and Directv for that matter to see my college play hockey.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)