This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

NHL Center Ice

Status
Please reply by conversation.

icehckylvr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 6, 2004
Elk Grove, CA
Has anyone heard anything yet about the Center Ice package on D* for the upcoming season. Any information would be appreciated, especially what the cost might be.

I am hoping that they lower the cost in an effort to try and attract people back to the NHL after the year long lockout.

Thanks

Haven't heard yet. From what I hear Bettman had to jet to Russia due to the Russians and Czechs opposition to NHL player transfer transfer garbage.

I'm new to D*. Will the NHL Center Ice games be broadcast in HD, if available? What about the College Football package? I know you have to pay extra to get HD coverage for the NFL package.

Wanted to let everyone know that the D* website has been updated with the prices for 05-06 NHL Center Ice. The package costs $129 or you can pay $32.25 in 4 payments.

Hmmm...that looks like the 2004-2005 season to me....I am looking at the D* site as I write. After this new Hockey TV deal..I would almost be surprised if there is Hockey on D* at all.

It says 05-06 now, and it's $129 for the early season special. No details on what that entails, however (HD, etc).

was their HD Center Ice Last year? Do the same blackout rules apply?? I really wish D* would get NESN HD!!!!

I would expect the NHL to work a deal with D* for the NHL Centre Ice Package..
Except for the fact this is the NHL.

I think that package has always been to expensive, should be about $75 if they want to get anyone interested.

Some of you guys are asking about HD on CI package, keep in mind that each channel in the package is really the home teams local network or a FSN ...
Therefore, you would not get any HD unless the local is broadcasting it in HD first.

On a different subject, the NFL is way over priced as well....
I use to get the ST for $ 99 and thought that was bad, way back when the ST started ........ At that time it was not a D* exclusive.

Go Red Wings !!!

Jimbo

If NESN in HD

asousa said:
was their HD Center Ice Last year? Do the same blackout rules apply?? I really wish D* would get NESN HD!!!!

I would sign up now. Gotta watch our Red Sox in HD.

icehckylvr said:
It does say 04-05, but when you order it and it shows up on your package, it states 05-06.

So, if you've been an NHLCI customer, do you need to actually add the subscription again to your account, or will it show up automatically at the renewal price? My current programming descriptions lists the 2004-05 season with no payment due, with no mention of the 2005-06 season. But I do see where I can add it. I just want to make sure that the renewal price is the same (hopefully lower) than the "early bird" price.

I am really only interested in seeing the RED WINGS !!!
Therefore, I can get the RSN for $ 12 p/m and only cost $72 for the hockey season.
Much cheaper than the price the NHL CI will end up being.
I would consider it IF they were in HD ....
Keep in mind the CI package IS in most cases just the RSN all put in the same channel range, so it would be my guess that if the RSN is not in HD then the CI would not be either.
Hopefully someone can prove that wrong (as far as the HD goes)

Jimbo

Thats a pretty good idea, but I'm going to wait until I see some TV schedules and look into it. I'm pretty much only interested in the Red Wings and the Thrashers. The Thrashers are in my market already, so I should see all of those without any trouble, but the Red Wings might be different. I know they show a lot of those games on the local Detroit stations, so they might not all be on the RSN.

Jimbo,

If you are planning on adding the Sports Pack for $12/mo to get the Detroit RSN and use that to watch Red Wing games, it probably won't work.

I'm guessing you're not in the Detroit market, otherwise you'd be getting the Detroit RSN with your Total Choice package.

Games that are on RSNs other than your local one are blacked out if they are part of a subscription package such as Center Ice.

So, if you don't live in the Detroit RSN market, you'll have to get Center Ice to watch most Red Wings games. The sports pack feeds will be blacked out.

Sorry to ruin your plan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.