NHL Network - Actual Discussion

I was wondering when you would start a new thread. It appears that agreements have been made w/dish network, so I don't think we will have to wait much longer.

ahhh... i can breathe again...

well, i'm sure you've seen it, but here it is again-- finally, something concrete.

The National Hockey League has four major cable operators and both satellite distributors on ice for the U.S. launch of its Canadian-based, 24-hour NHL Network. Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cablevision Systems and Cox Communications, as well as satellite distributors DirecTV and EchoStar Communications' Dish Network, are all on board to launch the service this month ' mostly on dedicated sports tiers, according to league officials.

NHL Opens With Wide Net

well, i'm sure you've seen it, but here it is again-- finally, something concrete.

The National Hockey League has four major cable operators and both satellite distributors on ice for the U.S. launch of its Canadian-based, 24-hour NHL Network. Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cablevision Systems and Cox Communications, as well as satellite distributors DirecTV and EchoStar Communications' Dish Network, are all on board to launch the service this month ' mostly on dedicated sports tiers, according to league officials.

NHL Opens With Wide Net

"mostly on dedicated sports tiers" doesn't sound too promising for those without Dish Everything Pack or Sports Pack.

Scott,
I agree completely with RedWings. The idiotic ramblings of some people on this board have long ago run their funiness (if it was ever really funny at all to most of us) and should stop already. Please use your position as site administrator, and get the site back on track. The hockey season is finally underway, and true hockey fans are really interested and following the NHL Network launch story with great interest. Let those who want to muck up the site take their humor somewhere else where all the other first graders can laugh along with them. Thanks for listening.

Scott,
I agree completely with RedWings. The idiotic ramblings of some people on this board have long ago run their funiness (if it was ever really funny at all to most of us) and should stop already. Please use your position as site administrator, and get the site back on track. The hockey season is finally underway, and true hockey fans are really interested and following the NHL Network launch story with great interest. Let those who want to muck up the site take their humor somewhere else where all the other first graders can laugh along with them. Thanks for listening.

I agree 100% completely.

These two joksters came into the original thread spreading nonsense and false information. Some of us saw right through his BS, but others may have been lead on. MoJo's whole MO was trying to confuse and provide false information to some of our readers.

These two idiots should be banned.

My apologies to Darren for taking this off-topic. This will be my last post in this thread no on topic.

I am curious. What is the NHL network going to give us that we don't already have on CI? Is it a clone of the NFL network that gives replays of prior games (and Thursday night live games later in the season) or would it have scheduled games throughout the year?

NHL Opens With Wide Net
Here's the bug in the glue

Operators will also have access to a full-time high-definition TV channel, although it's unclear how many distributors will offer that 24-hour simulcast.

Any idea of when and on what channel, also which package?

from the article, it isn't clear, but looks like it will be exclusive to sports tiers. Hopefully not. It could also be very close to the NBA tv (which is not good). Does anybody actually get that channel?

Here's the bug in the glue

Operators will also have access to a full-time high-definition TV channel, although it's unclear how many distributors will offer that 24-hour simulcast.

Why bother if it's going to be like the NFL network where 90% of the programming isn't in HD anyway.

from the article, it isn't clear, but looks like it will be exclusive to sports tiers. Hopefully not. It could also be very close to the NBA tv (which is not good). Does anybody actually get that channel?

LOL. NOBODY that I know gets that channel and most everybody I know has DISH Network. I think it's sort of like you said: It will be exclusive to the sports tier or maybe even to people that already subscribe to Center Ice (unless I'm misunderstanding something somewhere). I don't know anybody that has the sports tier, though, because most of the people I know would want it for the MLB, NBA, or NHL games and they know that those will be blacked out in that package with the exception of their local area or wherever they may have "moved". Then, for the most part, isn't most of the programs the same (just in different time zones, etc)?

Cade

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts