NHL Network/CI package

Elliot

Original poster
Jan 22, 2006
I currently subscribe to the Platinum HD package. After Dish dropped VOOM (with my CFL coverage on WorldSport) I don't have much of a reason to keep the extra seven channels except for NHL Network. If I downgrade to standard HD service but keep my subscription to NHL Center Ice, will I continue to receive the full time NHL Network feed as part of the CI package?

Thanks,
Elliot

From what I understand...Yes. I'm thinking of doing what you are doing, so it would be good to hear from someone that know's for sure...

From what I understand...Yes. I'm thinking of doing what you are doing, so it would be good to hear from someone that know's for sure...

I believe you would still get the nhl network. I receive the nhl network on 403 and 625. With 625 being my nhl ci subscriber version of the channel. It does have the little $ in the info window, showing that is part of a paid subscription for me.

I currently subscribe to the Platinum HD package. After Dish dropped VOOM (with my CFL coverage on WorldSport) I don't have much of a reason to keep the extra seven channels except for NHL Network. If I downgrade to standard HD service but keep my subscription to NHL Center Ice, will I continue to receive the full time NHL Network feed as part of the CI package?

Thanks,
Elliot

As mentioned, NHL Network is part of the CI package. The only issue may be if you drop the package down now, you probably won't have NHL Net until the new CI package takes effect. Then you should have it until the next package comes due.

As mentioned, NHL Network is part of the CI package. The only issue may be if you drop the package down now, you probably won't have NHL Net until the new CI package takes effect. Then you should have it until the next package comes due.

It's really unfortunate that we can't get this information from Dish -- after all they are the ones making the rules!

They don't inform the CSR's and we end up complaining about how lame the CSR's are, when it is really the mismanagement of Dish Network that is to blame.

I would like to find out how many CI games are going to be broadcast on Dish this season. The great majority of the games were shown in SD last year -- and it was some of the worst quality SD I have ever seen. I believe the price has gone up from $149 to $159 and I won't pay that unless there is a great increase in HD broadcasts.

I figure there should be a lot of tv coverage (mostly in HD) as follows:

Monday and Tuesday games in HD on Versus
Thursday and Saturday HD games on HD Net
Kings and Ducks (sometimes in HD) on my RSN's (if I get my RSN's back in February)
Weekend network games after the football season (usually HD)

Yes, I would like to see the Sabres and Red Wings games, but not in SD. The PQ of the MSG games in SD from Buffalo have been really terrible the last two years.

Again, I would like to ask Dish about HD broadcasts, but of course they don't know because Charlie may still be negotiating with the RSN's for the next few years...:mad:

Yes, I would like to see the Sabres and Red Wings games, but not in SD. The PQ of the MSG games in SD from Buffalo have been really terrible the last two years.

Again, I would like to ask Dish about HD broadcasts, but of course they don't know because Charlie may still be negotiating with the RSN's for the next few years...:mad:

That is basically why I am giving Dish until the first of October to get their act together, otherwise I will be forced to switch to D* or TWC; both whom offer the Sabres games in HD.

I have the Welcome Pack from Dish right now along with my locals. I am getting the locals in HD. I also have NHL Center Ice as well (have had it for 9 seasons). I am getting NHL Network on the NHL Network-NHL Center Ice in the 9000s. However, the NHL Network channel (for people who get the HD packages) I do not get. It really sucks that there is no program guide for the NHL Network-NHL Center Ice channel. It's a pain to record anything with. You have to do it manually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)