NHL Network is live....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Cobra611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Beacon, NY
Although I don't yet subscribe to the sports pak(after I finish this posting I will!!), NHL Network is on ch. 401 here in Wappingers Falls, NY.

...and I see it's also on ch. 429.

The channel is available in Brooklyn,N.Y. I'll see if I will spend the extra 4.95 for Sports Pack in order to get it.

I'm one of those excited to receive this channel...even if it is ONLY a SD version! I'm hoping that Cablevision will roll out more HD programming before the year is out. And with a little luck, perhaps this will be one of them.

But, I'm not encouraged about any new HD offerings in the near future. My simple theory is this. With DirecTV spending millions on the advertising of their new HD programming, one would think Cablevision may want to do the same. And if not the same, perhaps give their VALUED customers a glimpse of what they expect to offer them...soon. We've all heard by now that Cablevision announced they would have the capability to offer up to 500 channels of HD programming by years end. So, with loyal customers ready to jump ship to DirecTV, because of their effort to increased HD, it seems logical Cablevision would try to prevent that by coming out and announcing something...for god's sake, ANYTHING!!!!!

CV's ability to offer 500 HD channels is BS. It would have to be implemented via Switched Digital Video(SDV). And they have thus far not proven that they have the ability to do that reliably, e.g. the International Channels & NHL Center Ice have been plagued with problems and the quality is horrendous. I can't imagine how bad HD would perform with SDV.

What they need to do is scale down analog transmissions to just the broadcast channels and require customers to use a cable box for the rest. You still wouldn't get 500 channels but you could get a 50 or so more without downrezing.

Just added sports pack and dropped HBO on demand. If I'm going to pay an extra $4.95, I'd rather watch 8 sports channels than movies and shows I can catch on 11 HBO channels any time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)