NHL Network Woes

Still have not heard whether the OP even gets FSN Pittsburgh. In some areas one has to subscribe to Multisports or Sportspak to get all of their RSNs. Look at the people in Iowa. They have to subscribe to Multisports to get all of their "local" baseball.

BTW: Some in New York State report getting the Penguins on FSN Pittsburgh with Multisports.

Cleveland may even get the Sabres on MSG Alternate.. Don't know.

I think I should clarify additional definitions of "control" in this case:

"Hey _____ - if you don't pay us as much as _____ did, we're not giving you rights to the game."

"Hey [provider,] can we have that programming?"
"No, ________ paid for exclusive rights."

I think I should clarify additional definitions of "control" in this case:

"Hey _____ - if you don't pay us as much as _____ did, we're not giving you rights to the game."

"Hey [provider,] can we have that programming?"
"No, ________ paid for exclusive rights."
I did not realize a program provider had exclusive rights to the NHL.. Which one is it?

dishcomm:

I never said what programming I was referring to. That's what happens a majority of the time however.

dishcomm:

I never said what programming I was referring to. That's what happens a majority of the time however.
Because the discussion topisc is NHL CI one would assume you were refering to the NHL.
But since you brought it up, I will sum this up . That's business. Everyone has the same opportunity to buy whatever they wish. SO if D* locks up the NFL by throwing enough money at it, so be it. Where the problem?...If viewers wish to get NFL ST or MLB EI they can become D* customers.
This is taking the discussion off track. The focus here is territoroes. You are outside of the reach of FSN PIT, you like the Pens...But the Pens claim your area as their territory. Look, sb ot the sports pack. See if the games are on or blacked out in your area. If they are not, you're fine. If they are , you have a legit beef.
That's it. Those are your choices.

I guess I will learn my fate as early as Saturday. Last season whenever the Penguins games were shown on the NHL Network I would get blacked out, in CLEVELAND. For some reason they felt I was in PA. I would call Dish and they would simply tell me to tune in to FSN-Pit. Well, we all know that because I am in Ohio, I get FSN-Ohio. No matter who I talked to though at Dish, it never got resolved. Now, a new season is here and the Pens are on the NHL Network Saturday afternoon. I better get to watch the game, if I dont, then I dont know what I am going to do. The crazy thing is that when the Pens are on NHL CI, the games were not blacked out, even though it was the FSN-Pit feed. Therefore, whose issue is this really, Dish, or the NHL and the NHL Network?

This needs to be fixed. I need my fix of hockey!:hungry:

The solution is SIMPLE. Become a Columbus Blue Jackets fan. Duh! The whole idea of "bringing back hockey" to Ohio was to unit all your filthy cities in support of a single team. Time to switch your support to your state's team pal. Forget the Penguins and move on to the Blue Jackets!

Seriously, you are probably considered Blue Jackets territory now. That all changes when an expansion team is added or an existing team moves. But it seems like with Center Ice, you should be able to get all Penguin games since you are probably out of territory. NO?

Good Luck, it seems Charlie and his Klan are more interested in catching pirates than taking care of his subs. That is why I left.

Why doesn't Charlie pony up the $8million ransom for that ship and hostages off the coast of Somalia if he wants to go after pirates so bad?? huh, huh? Answer that. Mr. Pirate Chaser isn't doing a very good job catching pirates, is he?

The arbitrary decision on which RSN's one receives always baffles me for those of us in the more rural areas. In Idaho Falls, Idaho we always got Fox Sports Rocky Mountain. When they formed ALTITUDE I was kind of worried that we would not get it on Dish but we did - yet our cable company, as far as I know still does not carry it. I dont' know what cable subs in our area can do to get their 'local' teams.

I agree with an earlier poster, I think they should scrap the whole territorial restrictions thing and just take our money when we are willing to pay it! Especially for those of us that are willing to cough up the $150 plus for a sports package. I would pay for my local RSN if Dish would let me and I would pay for Center Ice to get Avalanche games but both options are apparently not available to me as an HD only package subscriber. I know that the obvious answer is to just pony up to a different package but I don't want to spend that much because it then would end up costing me $30 (or more) a month to add my RSN and keep all of the HD that I now have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)