NHL Scheduled to Return - what about Center Ice customers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Dallas has a strong fanbase for the Stars. I can't think of any other southern market that has as strong or a stronger fanbase.

Dallas was near the bottom of the league in both attendance and % capacity last season. I believe Dallas is a pretty good hockey market, but Carolina had a pretty bad team last year and outdrew them in both categories. Nashville had a good team and had 97.5% capacity and good numbers for their area size. Bashing the southern teams for the failures of the NHL as a whole isn't good logic. I believe that there should be more Canadian teams. The New York market does not need three teams, the Columbus franchise doesn't seem like it is ever going to get off the ground, Phoenix is freaking terrible in every measurable way. There are more possibilities, but the NHL also really needs to remake its image in the United States. In Canada, and some of the more traditional markets in the US, hockey sells itself. But to grow, the sport needs to do more than just stick a team somewhere new. I am originally from the Nashville area and I loved hockey before the Predators were created. Hockey, in general, had a very exciting image and momentum that repeated lockouts and a lack of any air time from ESPN seems to have killed. Some marketing would help. The NHL is pretty much invisible in the national media unless you actually follow a team.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)