NHL still in SD in Multisport?

panache70

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
Western Hemisphere
Had about a 1-hour on-line session with a Dish chat supervisor yesterday.
I had received an offer from a previous agent to credit my account 5$ per month for 3 months in order for me to upgrade to AT120+ from AT120. I also received an offer from the same agent to get 3 months free Multisports package.
I figured this would be a good way to get NHL Network free for 3 months as well as my local NESN to watch the Bruins.
I had tried Multisport a few years ago, but NHL and NBA were only available in SD, so I cancelled.
Well, after putting all my offers on my account, the channels started loading up on my screen.
I received all the regional sports nets, as well as my NESN local sports net, MLB netork, NBA network, NFL network etc all in HD. Everything that is, except for NHL Network.
Agent wanted to trouble shoot my receiver, reboot, unplug etc etc.
Did not have the patience for it, so I told him to remove everything.
He actually tried to charge me the 5.00 fee to downgrade... anyway, he finally waived the charge.

My question is: Does Dish still not provide NHLNetwork in HD if you have AT 120+ and Multisports pack?
Do you still have to sub to AT 200 to get it in HD? I know they used to do that for NBA and NHL, but NBATV came on in HD when the channels loaded... only NHL did not.
Seems strange that they would provide a channel in SD only, when it is available in HD.

Can anyone out there confirm?

Just had a different online agent confirm that NHL HD is not in Multisport... The above link indicates the opposite. Not only is it misleading but makes no sense.

I would agree with you, except that is not what the website says. It says that it is available in HD, and the channel are in these packs. When you click on the MSP listed, it does not list it as HD. That means that there is an option for HD of NHL Channel, and you would still need the qualifying package.

I would agree with you, except that is not what the website says. It says that it is available in HD, and the channel are in these packs. When you click on the MSP listed, it does not list it as HD. That means that there is an option for HD of NHL Channel, and you would still need the qualifying package.

Except that the list of packages (that the channel is included in) appears right under a logo that says "NHL HD..."

More importantly, why would NHL be the only channel not available in HD in MultiSport, when MLB, NBA and NFL are all available in HD? Makes no sense to me... almost 2016 and we are still begging providers to provide the HD signal when available.

There are other channels. If you click the link for the MSP on your link, it does not list it as HD. Also on your link it does disclose that qualifications may apply.

There are other channels. If you click the link for the MSP on your link, it does not list it as HD. Also on your link it does disclose that qualifications may apply.
I am speaking about the big 4 national sports channels (NBA, NFL, MLB and NHL). Of the 4, only NHL is not in HD, why? And you can't seriously be telling me you would look at that advertisement and doubt that NHL would be in HD if you purchased Multisport.
How hard would it be to add "SD ONLY" next to Multisport? Would be too easy, I guess.

I am saying that they covered their hind side. Using their ad, and then saying that they are pulling a fast one, you cannot get mad when it is pointed out. Yes, I would click the link and look, if I was curious, which is why I clicked your link, spent two minutes looking, and came to the conclusion given to you. So because you do not research further the product does not mean that others will not. Plenty of people here do the same and review every line. 2016 or not, HD or not, what you are failing to remember is that they are a for profit business. Obviously there would be enough demand to warrant the supply of the channel in the AT200. Don't want to pay it, do not subscribe to it. It is incredibly simple. If it is worth that much to you, then get it. You need to find what will cause you the most utility in your personal situation.

When you click on the link, you get a list of channels available in Multisport. None of the channels are followed by SD or HD, so you would have no other option but to believe that they are in HD. The fact that the original page showed a logo with NHL HD on it, and that it also stipulated "available in HD", would be enough to make you believe that the channel is available in HD for all the packages listed.

I am really surprised that someone would answer as if I am to blame here, when clearly Dish is not making the necessary effort to warn the customer that certain channels are only in SD. Again, how hard would it be to add "SD only in Multisport"?

Now that I spent 90 minutes of my time, and a Dish agent's time, I am better informed. I now have to decide if I want to kick in the extra money for NHL HD in AT200, but at least I know the real story.
Hopefully, by posting this thread, I have saved someone the extra time and pain to try and get this info from an offshore agent.

If you look closer, channels such as NESN have HD after it. That is where the indicator would be.
So? MLB, Redzone and NBA don't. Actually, NESN is the only one that has "HD" in its logo.

If I were to drop from AT200 to a lower package and add multisport, there is no indication that I wouldn't get NHLN in HD like I'm getting now.

I agree with you that it is misleading. Unfortunately that's the way it is.

The good news is that you should be able to cancel multi-sport and switch to AT 200 for about the same price. You would lose a couple sports channels like Red Zone, Big 10 Network, PAC 12 Network but you would get the big 4 pro sports networks in HD as well as some other non-sports channels by switching.

So? MLB, Redzone and NBA don't. Actually, NESN is the only one that has "HD" in its logo.

If I were to drop from AT200 to a lower package and add multisport, there is no indication that I wouldn't get NHLN in HD like I'm getting now.
On the same token, however, there is no indicator that you will get any of those in that case. The only channel it shows that you will get HD in is NESNHD. Assumptions is where the disconnect is at. They are telling it straight, but it is assumed that they will be in HD as well. Never once I have said that I agree with what is going on, but I do understand the rationale. It is hard to blame the company, when it is out there, but it is the consumer that is assuming it to be what they want it to be. We have seen this in many arenas with both Dish and DTV.

Assumptions are one thing, but assumptions based on available information is another. NHLN HD is available in all packages listed (AT200, AT250, Everything) except for Multisport. It is more than reasonable to believe it would be in multisport unless otherwise stated. It is not and it is not.

On the same token, however, there is no indicator that you will get any of those in that case. The only channel it shows that you will get HD in is NESNHD. Assumptions is where the disconnect is at. They are telling it straight, but it is assumed that they will be in HD as well. Never once I have said that I agree with what is going on, but I do understand the rationale. It is hard to blame the company, when it is out there, but it is the consumer that is assuming it to be what they want it to be. We have seen this in many arenas with both Dish and DTV.

It's not like the consumer is making a blind assumption here. The page he linked to clearly shows the NHLHD logo. There is no indication that it is SD only. We understand that the one sided contracts these companies put out cover them in every situation but don't act like it's the customers fault for not understanding every policy Dish has in place.

Looking at that page I would think multi-sport included NHL Network in HD too. That's not me making an assumption of what I want it to be. It's me looking at their website and interpreting it the way most people would.

This is the one that I look at and think it is really misleading: https://www.mydish.com/filestream.ashx?ID=10726&inline=true

The PDF of the channel packages. Multi-sport pack is listed on the first page, and lists Fox Sports 2 in it as not HD (even though an HD feed is available in AT250). So in theory, shouldn't that be how NHL Network and NBA TV are marketed as well on the channel lineup PDF? No HD symbol next to them?

It's not like the consumer is making a blind assumption here. The page he linked to clearly shows the NHLHD logo. There is no indication that it is SD only. We understand that the one sided contracts these companies put out cover them in every situation but don't act like it's the customers fault for not understanding every policy Dish has in place.

Looking at that page I would think multi-sport included NHL Network in HD too. That's not me making an assumption of what I want it to be. It's me looking at their website and interpreting it the way most people would.
And that is where we differ. Unless a channel on any of their pages says HD, I assume it is not in HD. The channel listed does not. I have a feeling the RSNs are not labeled that way, also, because the RSNs are not 24/7. The disclosure at the bottom is what drives the point as well.

This is the one that I look at and think it is really misleading: https://www.mydish.com/filestream.ashx?ID=10726&inline=true

The PDF of the channel packages. Multi-sport pack is listed on the first page, and lists Fox Sports 2 in it as not HD (even though an HD feed is available in AT250). So in theory, shouldn't that be how NHL Network and NBA TV are marketed as well on the channel lineup PDF? No HD symbol next to them?
Your link I would say is misleading. It says MSP, and it says HD. That is not an assumption, that is clearly in print.

And that is where we differ. Unless a channel on any of their pages says HD, I assume it is not in HD. The channel listed does not. I have a feeling the RSNs are not labeled that way, also, because the RSNs are not 24/7. The disclosure at the bottom is what drives the point as well.

The page he linked to shows HD in the logo and says available in HD. I'm still not sure how that's an assumption when HD is listed in 2 separate places on the page. Here is the link again for those who don't want to go back to look for it.

https://www.mydish.com/station/NHLN

And if you don't want to click the link,

upload_2015-12-14_15-40-6.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts