Nice Pic

Liquidforce88

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
The Land Of OZ
Just thought some might like to see a nice picture of a ground block, and diplexor setup for a 625 & 322. I thought it looked nice.

Attachments

• Diplexor setup.JPG
    Diplexor setup.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 639
improper install job, theres no service loops at the ground block, the ground block is vertical instead of horizontal, theres no service loops to the dips either, but atleast the system is grounded correctly.

Van

The install is indoors, why would you need drip loops? There is probably a foot of extra cable in the rafters if you ever had a fitting go bad. As there would not be any water inside there should not be fittings going bad.

Service loops, drip loops, still its required by my company and even though its in a basement it has little bearing on it, no ones ever seen a water pipe burst in a basement? And if its not being done inside then who's to say its not being done on the outside.

Yes I have but arn't we getting a bit extream on what should be protected against. In five years how many systems have you had to do a service call on because a pipe burst in the basement and caused the connections on the ground block to go bad?

Van said:
Service loops, drip loops, still its required by my company and even though its in a basement it has little bearing on it, no ones ever seen a water pipe burst in a basement? And if its not being done inside then who's to say its not being done on the outside.

I'm inclined to agree that the service loops are a bit extreme on the inside. Not to mention that if there's a water pipe break, wouldn't it ALSO get into the circuit breaker box and short all of the household electric out? ;)

hartwood said:
Isn't it code that the grounding block should be done outside?

not in my area. I think that is a local codes issue.

As for drip/service loops in relation to a pipe leaking and spraying on that setup, you would have to say that all that romex coming in to the service panel should have loops too, otherwise anything spraying over there is gonna have a straight run right into the box.

Van, I see your concern on what the quaility of work is on the inside might be reflected outside, but I wouldn't assume anything since we can't actually see what is done outside. I also think the work inside is fine, but generally the practices I have seen are to do the inside setups like they were outdoors so loops etc are all done no matter where they are.

I stand by my convictions, do the loops on the inside as you would on the outside for good measure, it doesnt take anymore time than 5 seconds to make a loop, it also is an extra measure against water contamination should a water line pop or a sink, tub, or toilet over flow. If your not doing it on the inside then chances are you arent doing it on the outside where its more critical.

I agree with you Van, I stated that in my last paragraph that it is just good practice to do everything inside or out the same way. All I was saying was I won't assume anything on the outside unless I see it. I learned long ago, never to assume anything, so I am also not assuming the work outside is correct either.

But I do think the work inside is ok as is if it meets code. Not saying that the code isn't possibly lacking, but if it meets code, that is all that is required and we all know that is all many people will do.

Let me ad my .02 cents, according to the install guide the service loops are to prevent water from entering the premises, and not entering connecters.

Now if this is true, and a pipe breaks, the water is already in the premises so why the service loops?

is it just me or is it every time someone posts a pic of something or a reply to a question that there is always some know it all that has to show off how much they know about satellites and the equipment. What ever happened to helping people on this forum instead of making them feel like a dumb ass.

Yes, I agree that some people here (and all forums) come off a bit harsh in their posts, but I read every post like it's email and try to remember that the way I read things isn't always how it was intended.

But in the defense of those you are referring to, I like to think that with many of us diagreeing at times that we do come up with what might be the best solution to the questions asked. Nothing wrong with someone playing devil's advocate.

Should I put drip loops on the connections into my receivers, just in case one of my kids throws a bucket of water into the TV cabinet some day? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts