nimbleTV - get your cable from somewhere else

I hate to bring up an old thread,but I received an email about NimbleTV yesterday offering a free week trial.

http://watch.nimbletv.com/

It offers New York City channels & to be a "concierge" if you don't have cable TV in New York City. Here is my question,can "anybody" subscribe to this service,& by "anybody" I mean non-New Yorkers? I live in Georgia,can I subscribe if I wanted to? I looked this website up & down & sideways & I've yet to find out if this is restricted to the New York City area only. this seems like a (very expensive) ivi TV all over again.

OK,I'm taking a trial run of NimbleTV & my initial thoughts,I have the enthusiast package with premium channels(HBO,Cinemax,Showtime,Starz packages) & I added 10 minutes to the 90 minute DVR. My first disappointment is that there are no "locals," meaning I'm not getting the NYC locals(maybe because I don't live in NYC). Also,because I wanted to try it out & watch the Los Angeles Kings-Anaheim Ducks outdoor game on the NBC Sports Channel,I was disappointed to find out they didn't carry the NBC Sports Channel. I'm getting my "concierge" channels from Dish Network via Nimble TV. Since they have a free week trial,others can try this out & see if it's their cup of tea. I had to adjust the stream resolution from Automatic to Best because on Automatic the picture kept skipping or repeating(what you'd expect with IPTV & ATT 6.0 Fast DSL). On Best the stream is more stable for me. I'm watching fox news on it right now & it's relatively stable right now. This is a good back-up for those really bad weather days(unless you want to watch local,see above) when you can't get a picture from your satellite dish.

Also,you can only watch NimbleTV on one device at a time. I'm watching it on Roku. There is no "online remote control," so you have to surf through the channels(as you'd expect from Roku) instead of being able to just type in a number. I pulled up the NimbleTV broadcast(by accident,I wanted to view my account) on my Mac computer & it was even more confusing. You had to pull up a menu to surf through the channels to change the channel. The one good thing is that no matter what device you use & go back & forth between(no Android support,only iPad & iPhone),it stays on the last channel you were watching.

Well today is the day for NimbleTV to prove its worth. We have a winter storm warning(which is a big deal in Georgia) & I imagine the snow will play havoc with my Directv dish,which is on my roof & difficult to get to to clean the snow off of. I imagine I'll be watching NimbleTV because of that,as long as we don't have a power failure.

Ok,what makes NimbleTV worth it,a member of my church is staying at our church in our gym building. He is 75 years old & he uses a motorized wheelchair. We have Comcast internet there but no cable TV set up. I hooked up a Roku Box to his TV & went to the NimbleTV app. He can now watch live TV,minus local network channels & NBC Sports Network. This is definitely the situation where NimbleTV is worth the money.

Nimble TV was acquired and shut down. The new company that owns it sees it as a platform to sell to legacy cable companies and has ties to Verizon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts