Nimiq1, Nimiq2 + T5 on ONE dish... is it possible?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hammer123

Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
Is there a way to catch Nimiq1+Nimiq2+T5 (82 91, 97 degree) on ONE dish? If so which dish and more importantly which lnbs & switches (considering the T5 need a 10750 and Nimiqs 11250 Mhz).

The home owner association where I live only allows 1 satellite dish installation - I like to make the most of it.

Any reply would be greatly appreciated.

The FTA channels available on these satellites. (some radio, some foreign, etc...)

Do you have a subscription to ExpressVu? There really isnt anything free on Nimiq2 but NImiq1 does have some radio stations

If you want a one dish solution....

A nice eliptical dish would work. If you can find a old Primestar dish or maybe a starchoice dish.

I have a Channelmaster 76cm elip that I've set up in the past with 82, 91, 101, 110, and 119. They were all circular sats, which are much easier to pull. I only used the 101 slot for aiming. Since I don't have either provider anymore, I just use it to play around with now.

I was using it recently for the 97 sat. Granted it was a very ghetto setup (dish pointed out a open window in the guest bed rm; leaning against the bed). Max signal i got with my Classic NA was around 58-62. That was with the lnb in dead center.

In your setup, you will need to point to the 91 so you may need a bigger dish than what I used to get the 97. (hence the starchoice/primestar suggestion). If you go this route, I'd get a invacom QPH-301 so you can get channels off G11) A standard KU Lnb for 97 and a reg Circular lnb for 82

HOA can't limit # of dishes. They can only limit dish size (1m max in 48 states; AK is different)

Last edited:
Iceberg said:
oh by the way...that is illegal. The HOA CANNOT restrict you to one dish. My HOA tried that and I have 6 of them :) The FCC says you can put up as many as you need to receive programming

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

Hey ICE....can't they technically limit the # of dishes when you have a motor?

I believe that ALL the FCC states is that if you need another dish to access programing, then its allowed. If you have one motorized dish that can get signal from the same location that you say have a stationary present, couldn't they force you to take the stationary down?

And how much did you pay to get your HOA to allow the 6 footer :)

scottc98 said:
Hey ICE....can't they technically limit the # of dishes when you have a motor?
nope. no limit. They can limit the dish size

And how much did you pay to get your HOA to allow the 6 footer :)
nothing. I just happened to luck out.

The head of our HOA who tried the "one dish" rule (and got that shot down) is no longer the head of the HOA. The new guy (real nice guy) asked me one day about the dish farm and I explained what I had it for and he thought it was "very professionally done" and I might get him set up with one for G10 :)

The C-Band he said "its on your deck and it looks secure so I don't care". The thing is where I live, our townhouses are 150 feet or so from the road and there is a couple huge pine trees between the road and the townhouse so you cannot see the dishes from the road.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)