Nine? Anyone watch it?

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
I dvr'd Nine last night; did not watch it yet. I am curious if anyone saw it, and if you think it is worth watching. It had the potential of a good turnout, coming after Lost.

It looks like it could be pretty good. It definitely left me wanting to see the next episode to find out what the heck happened during the hostage situation.

IMO, it is a sleeper. Nine people survived a hostage situation in a bank; all nine come out with a psychological impact impreted on all them which is natural after such a situation. All Nine are forming some sort of cult to deal with the tragedy. To me the premise is quite 'stupid'. I am going to watch the next episode but it will not last too long with if it continues to be just a story about nine survivals and their individual lives. What is so unique about that?

Sean Mota said:
IMO, it is a sleeper. Nine people survived a hostage situation in a bank; all nine come out with a psychological impact impreted on all them which is natural after such a situation. All Nine are forming some sort of cult to deal with the tragedy. To me the premise is quite 'stupid'. I am going to watch the next episode but it will last too long with if it continues to be just a story about nine survivals and their individual lives. What is some unique about that?

I saw it last night, and pretty much agree with what Sean said. I find it interesting how many shows are now based on premises where it will be very difficult to sustain a story over a more than one season.

rockymtnhigh said:
I saw it last night, and pretty much agree with what Sean said. I find it interesting how many shows are now based on premises where it will be very difficult to sustain a story over a more than one season.

Agreed. FInally watched the first episode. Not really impressed. Deleted unwatched episode and deleted Timer.

Seems like the usual copy everything to death. "24" was a hit with one"case" spread out over the entire season, so everyone is jumping on the bandwagon.

Are you guys crazy?? I caught up on episodes 2-4 on Saturday and LOVE this show. Very good plot - and it's not really the same as other shows.

Good mystery where you work your way backwards.

Are you guys crazy?? I caught up on episodes 2-4 on Saturday and LOVE this show. Very good plot - and it's not really the same as other shows.

Good mystery where you work your way backwards.

I am glad somebody likes it :D

Seriously, I didn't think it was terrible; I just could not get into it - and with the number of shows I regularly watch, some stuff had to go. For me it was The Nine and Friday Night Lights.

Besides the poor rating that the show has generated, ABC decided to order three more shows....

I hope they do the same for What About Brian, which I REALLY like - even though it took a beating in the ratings this week.

Given how strong ABC is this fall, I suspect they figure they can have a few shows like the Nine with lower-ratings; and its probably cheaper to add a few more episodes than to dump it and find something else to replace it with.

PLUS, anything is better than back to back RERUNS of Grey's Anatomy everyday (their early season strategy). :)

The futon critic is reporting this;
[11.27.06 - 10:44 AM]
NBC'S '30 ROCK' IN, ABC'S 'THE NINE' OUT
By Brian Ford Sullivan (TFC)LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- ABC is putting "The Nine" on the bench as the network has pulled the series from its schedule effective immediately.
A series low 4.1 million viewers, including a 1.5 rating/4 share in adults 18-49 according to preliminary Nielsen data, tuned into the show's latest installment.
A special edition of "20/20" will assume the show's Wednesday, 10:00/9:00c slot this week while the network's other newsmagazine "Primetime" will assume the slot on December 6.
As for "The Nine," a note on the show's official web site simply states: "The Nine will be returning later this season." The series joins fellow newcomer "Six Degrees" on the sidelines as neither series has been extended beyond its original 13-episode order. (ABC however ordered four additional scripts of "The Nine" last month.)

Rest of Article Here at the futon critic

According to Zap2it, The Nine may be back in prime-time before the end of the season.

I am not sure why, but it might come back. But even if it does come back, it will not be extended beyond 13 episodes.

The Futon Critic is reporting that the last six unaired episodes of the Nine will air beginning August 1st. TFC also reports that viewers should not expect resolution to the plot line.

Can't say I will be watching, as it wasn't very compelling the first time.

ABC F'ing screwed this show, just like Six Degrees, which we thought were both good. I hope no one watches, and no one buys advertising. Screw ABC!

I'm still bitter about Invasion 2 seasons ago.......and I didn't learn my lesson this season until too late.........

Last edited:
i watched the first 2 or 3 episodes, mainly because the pre-reviews were good and i like kim raver. i got bored and didn't watch the remaining episode or so that aired, until abc pulled it.

keep reading, it was going to come back to burn the remaining episodes that had been filmed.

imho, it would have worked much better as a mini-series!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts