Nintendo Switch games

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
What are your must have Switch games?

I have the Zelda game, Monopoly, and Mario Party. My next game will be the Assassins Creed 3 Remastered when it comes out on May 21st.

Zelda was a great one, plus i really enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

My boys are the big Switch users though, and have the Dragonball fighting games along with Mario Party, Mario Oddyssey, and of course Smash Bros.

Unfortunately, the first half of 2019 is very dry when it comes to 1st party releases (NSMBUD, Yoshi, Captain Toad DLC, Smash DLC). The first half of 2018 was very dry as well.

Looking forward to the E3 Direct next month, when we'll finally get release dates for every 1st party coming out from July through December.

I think the problem is that Nintendo's 1st party developers are just as far behind in the software department as the company itself in the hardware department. Sony and Microsoft were releasing 1080p HD games for their big franchises 12 years ago. Meanwhile, here we are in 2019 and we're just now getting our first HD Pokémon, first HD Animal Crossing, first HD Fire Emblem... a lot of the 1st party devs were probably used to creating non-HD games on the DS, 3DS and Wii, so for the first time, they're struggling in moving over to HD titles, having just now realized how long it takes to create new assets from scratch and the time it takes for rendering all the new graphics. Heck, even the new Pokémon generation just looks like it's using an upscaled 3DS engine. That's the only reason it's coming out in 2019. If Game Freak actually created new HD character models and environments to make a true 1080p HD game, similar to the models and textures we see in Odyssey and Breath of the Wild, I guarantee that it wouldn't be releasing this year.

Hopefully once we get at least 1 HD core title out for each respective franchise, the devs for that franchise will finally get their footing and then start pumping out titles at a much faster pace.

Reactions: Drenuy
Unfortunately, the first half of 2019 is very dry when it comes to 1st party releases (NSMBUD, Yoshi, Captain Toad DLC, Smash DLC). The first half of 2018 was very dry as well.

Looking forward to the E3 Direct next month, when we'll finally get release dates for every 1st party coming out from July through December.

I think the problem is that Nintendo's 1st party developers are just as far behind in the software department as the company itself in the hardware department. Sony and Microsoft were releasing 1080p HD games for their big franchises 12 years ago. Meanwhile, here we are in 2019 and we're just now getting our first HD Pokémon, first HD Animal Crossing, first HD Fire Emblem... a lot of the 1st party devs were probably used to creating non-HD games on the DS, 3DS and Wii, so for the first time, they're struggling in moving over to HD titles, having just now realized how long it takes to create new assets from scratch and the time it takes for rendering all the new graphics. Heck, even the new Pokémon generation just looks like it's using an upscaled 3DS engine. That's the only reason it's coming out in 2019. If Game Freak actually created new HD character models and environments to make a true 1080p HD game, similar to the models and textures we see in Odyssey and Breath of the Wild, I guarantee that it wouldn't be releasing this year.

Hopefully once we get at least 1 HD core title out for each respective franchise, the devs for that franchise will finally get their footing and then start pumping out titles at a much faster pace. floor preparation Brisbane
I hear they might be coming out with a major pokemon game. Like how when they released to support the and moon which made nintendo sell about 500,000 more due to that. I wonder how this next game will turn out. Hopefully a much much more greater sequel to ultra sun and moon. Anyone find any updates about this game and when it'll be released, please let me know.

My favorite Switch games are Super Mario Maker 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe.

I especially like how Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is getting new race tracks in the form of updated classics, as well as originals...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)