Nintendo withholding Wii shipments????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mwgiii

Gaming Guru & Pub Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Birmingham, AL
Wii Shortage 'Deliberate,' says GameStop Executive

Comments about Wii, PS3 follow annual financial report.

It's the first rule of economics: carcity = value. That's why it's hardly a surprise to hear R. Richard Fontaine, CEO of GameStop, saying that his company's profits may be about to ride the crest of "a cycle on steroids."

Why? Because Fontaine believes Nintendo is about to release the floodgates on the lamentable Wii supply drought -- a drought which GameStop feels may be the result of a cannily played Nintendo supply-and-demand strategy. Gamasutra has an article up at the moment in which a few statements made by Fontaine and other GameStop executives are quoted, directly following an investor-level financial reports conference.

GameStop's COO Dan DeMatteo also made the following statement to the press: "I believe that next week we get our first allocations of Wii and DSs and we are quite pleased with those numbers. We were concerned about the dryness here in March, but it looks like April is going to be good. [...] I don't think [more shortages] are going to be an issue...and this just my opinion, but I think [Nintendo] intentionally dried up supply because they made their numbers for the year. The new year starts April 1, and I think we're going to see supply flowing."

More and Source: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158275

I know a lot of GameStop/EB Games stores as well has Best Buy stores haven't received any shipments in weeks.

If this is true, the Wii floodgates are about to open.

Damn Nintendo is like my first serious girlfriend, holding out on me for months, then opening the gates a bit, then just going hog wild. :) Ahh, the good old days.

back on topic, I hope the supply increases, I find it very hard to believe that the limitations are still in place drying up the supply. I know many people who still want one, but I bet some will not buy one now cause the personal demand has died down by being disheartened trying to get one for so long.

At the local Best Buy in Brick, NJ..... Number of 360s in stock = 8, Number of PS3s = 6, number of Wiis = 0.....

Shortage on wiis, because none being ship. It's a console demand game. Consumer always want a item when there isn't enough to get a hold of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts