Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I checked my PG this am and there was no game scheduled in HD on channels 94/95. I will try to find if Cablevision is going to carry this game. As you may or may not know, YES HD is doing ALL NJ NETS HOME GAMES IN HD this season. I am going to be very dissapointed if DirecTv chooses not to broadcast these games in HD and Cablevision does.

Sean Mota said:
I checked my PG this am and there was no game scheduled in HD on channels 94/95. I will try to find if Cablevision is going to carry this game. As you may or may not know, YES HD is doing ALL NJ NETS HOME GAMES IN HD this season. I am going to be very dissapointed if DirecTv chooses not to broadcast these games in HD and Cablevision does.

I don't recall D* ever announced anything about carrying YES-HD for Nets' games. Try emailing D* and see what they say.

jpn said:
I don't recall D* ever announced anything about carrying YES-HD for Nets' games. Try emailing D* and see what they say.

Technically you are right... There was no announcement for NJ Nets. And Technically there was no announcement for Yankees games in HD either. In fact, customers service at D* never verified that they were transmitting Yankees games from YES HD on 94/95. Emailing D* is wasting time and effort. I am checking with the Cablevision guys to see if they are able to watch it tonight.

Sean Mota said:
Emailing D* is wasting time and effort.

Amen, brother..A huge monumental waste of time...If you called 5 times you would get 5 different answers almost for sure..

If these idiots dont produce either YESHD or NBATVHD I will be cancelling my sub for sure...

The only reason I didnt cancel after baseball season was becasue I was anticipating the YESHD and NBATVHD games...

Now it appears they dont plan to carry either ( I would love to be wrong, prove me wrong and I will be more than happy to be the bitter idiot with the big mouth)..

i am only showing clippers@sonics on channel 95 with nba league pass tonight at 10

I've got the Clipplers game coming up too on the guide. For me I'd rather have that over the Nets but I do lie in Southern Cali. It would be nice for D* to continue to broadcast Yes HD when they can with the Nets games.

Well, for what is worth, the game was on Cablevision last night. There were some technical difficulties but it was on. On DirecTv there was not even a blimp of the game been on. Lame DirecTv did it again. Way to go...

Sean Mota said:
Well, for what is worth, the game was on Cablevision last night. There were some technical difficulties but it was on. On DirecTv there was not even a blimp of the game been on. Lame DirecTv did it again. Way to go...

I bet our fearless "leader in sports" dosent bother to provide the NBATVHD games this year either..

These jokers are too busy with their useless HD LIL to provide us with the sports they are always bragging about..

Who wants to bet? (a gentlemens bet of course) :)

Oh, and by the way, the Clippers Sonics HD game mentioned above: only available in the Seattle market...

For $169 the NBA League Pass subs are currently getting ZERO HD..

guffy1 said:
For $169 the NBA League Pass subs are currently getting ZERO HD..

Same with Center Ice - ZERO HD unless HDNEt is carrying it. A Lightning game this week as well as the Magic opening night game last night on Sun Sports were in HD and D* didn't show either.

Gator5000e said:
Same with Center Ice - ZERO HD unless HDNEt is carrying it. A Lightning game this week as well as the Magic opening night game last night on Sun Sports were in HD and D* didn't show either.

I saw last week's Sun Sports Lightning game, in HD, on Channel 95. There were 2 or 3 CI games in HD last week. I think another one was a LA Kings game. They have put most of them on Channel 95.

That's two nights in a row now where I could not get Channel 95 for a team in my market. Last nights Clippers game was blacked out along with tonights Kings (hockey) game. Why would these be blacked out? I saw the Kings game was on Fox Sports West but I have watched channel 95 before when they were showing something from Fox Sports.

CWS_kahuna said:
That's two nights in a row now where I could not get Channel 95 for a team in my market. Last nights Clippers game was blacked out along with tonights Kings (hockey) game. Why would these be blacked out? I saw the Kings game was on Fox Sports West but I have watched channel 95 before when they were showing something from Fox Sports.

I am not sure about the Clipper game, I don't watch basketball, but I will say the reason you didn't get the Kings game last night was because the HD broadcast was from Fox Sports Arizona. Your LA Sports Network that carries the Kings games has rights to your area. Now if the HD broadcast was from Fox Sports Network, in your area, you would have been able to see it.

Well that makes sense lou do thanks, just a little frustrating. I did not check but the Clippers must have been playing an away game as well.

If you pay for Season Pass, shouldn't customers be able to watch any of these games regardless of market?

Sean Mota said:
If you pay for Season Pass, shouldn't customers be able to watch any of these games regardless of market?

No, not with the blackout rules. If you live in Chicago and the Bulls are playing the Miami Heat, you are only allowed to receive the Chicago Sports feed for the game and the people in Miami area allowed only to receive Sun Sports feeds for the same game. So if Sun Sports puts the game in HD, and D* carries it on Channel 95, everyone with the basketball package will get it except the Chicago market. You have to watch it on the Chicago Sports channel.

One of the biggest reasons for the blackout rule is the local advertising dollar. If you live in Chicago, they want you to see the Chicago local commercials not the Miami ones. The blackout rule insures local advertisers that more local people will see their ads.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)