NJ User - Cannot watch majority of MLB games

r8d

Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
I was under the impression that I could see many 'out of market' games at the expense of not getting the YES Network by signing up for Dish. I'm from Boston but live in Central NJ. I would like to watch some Red Sox games, especially since I see they carry NESN. Unless the game is on ESPN, I am unable to see any Sox games. And now I can't even see the Sox when they play the Yanks! Do they think NJ is in New England? I called 3 separate times and got the same canned answer each time - "some games are blacked out". Yay! Thanks for the help. While on the phone with each person, I pointed out several games that were NOT in my area that I could not get as well. Minnesota vs. Kansas City. Houston vs. Texas. Why would those games be blacked out? I have Dish 500 and 180 channels. One guy mentioned "somebody in my area probably bought the rights to those games". I would love to know who this mystery person is that buys every MLB game. If this situation does not change, I'm cancelling after my 1 year is up. My wife was skeptical when I told her Dish was better than Cable. She may be right.

You need to subscribe to MLB EI to get out of market baseball games. But any team that live in the home market for (I guess the yankess are 1) will be blacked out on that package

I live in syracuse,ny all Yankees and mets games are blacked out on MLB EI for me my RSN is FOXP2 channel sucks big time. I hear people saying if you live in NY or NJ you should have Direct tv if they want to watch Yankees and Mets baseball.

If NESN is part of the 180 package and I don't live in New England, why is it blacked out? I can see if they were playing the Yankees or Mets or even a PA team but it's always blacked out.

Are you saying NESN is included as one of your RSNs in the at180 pack.

what's your zip code?

No. You only get to view NESN with the the standard packs if it's your local RSN. the only way you can see the channel outside that region is if he added the sportspack, but all he said he had was AT180

exactly. You get NESN with the sports pack, but not with just standard AT180 living in new jersey, so he must also have the sports pack as well

All he needs to do is subscribe to MLB EI to get the Sox. He doesn't need to subscribe to the Sports Pack too. However,even with MLB EI, the Yankee games will be blacked out due to Dish not carrying YES.

I would wait until after the all star break.... Half season packages start to pop up around then (am I wrong.... can anyone else verify how it worked last year at E*?)

I am also in Central NJ and they have MSG and FoxSports NY as my RSNs. Whcih means that the Mets are the only team I can watch without Extra Innings (which I do subscribe to).

The Sports Pak is ONLY useful for non-pro events as most of these are blacked out. If you want to watch the Diamondbacks pregame show you are in luck, but once the game starts it is blacked out....exceptions are entra innings and rain delays where you can catch the game once the 3 hour blackout window has passed.

There is more to life than sports. Stop paying all those over paid cry babies your hard earned dollars. I love Dish for standing up to the YES network because they wanted so much money. For all of us who could care less about the Yankees remember your saving a $1.00 a month by not having the YES network as per Charlie. And for all you that like the Yankees Charlie offer to carry the YES Network as a seperate pay channel.

BobMurdoch said:
I would wait until after the all star break.... Half season packages start to pop up around then (am I wrong.... can anyone else verify how it worked last year at E*?)
yes the half season free preview and package starts after the allstar break

rowemance said:
There is more to life than sports. Stop paying all those over paid cry babies your hard earned dollars. I love Dish for standing up to the YES network because they wanted so much money. For all of us who could care less about the Yankees remember your saving a $1.00 a month by not having the YES network as per Charlie. And for all you that like the Yankees Charlie offer to carry the YES Network as a seperate pay channel.
I doubt *we* are saving $1.00 a month, more accurate to say Charlie is pocketing an extra $1.00 a month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)