NLF HD Week 2 (Which game are you watching?)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Possible games in HD. Let me know if there is any mistakes. For any of these games keep your comments on this thread. Post your impressions of HD transmittion by Fox and CBS. Post your city, channel, game and comment.

Fox-HD (EDT Start time; check your local listing)

Washington Redskins at New York Giants 1PM
Chicago Bears at Green Bay Packers 1PM
St. Louis Rams at Atlanta Falcons 1pM
San Francisco 49ers at New Orleans Saints 1PM
Carolina Panthers at Kansas City Chiefs 1PM
Seattle Seahawks at Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4PM​

CBS-HD (EDT Start time; check your local listing)

Cleveland Browns at Dallas Cowboys 4:00 pm
Pittsburgh Steelers at Baltimore Ravens 1pm
Indianapolis Colts at Tennessee Titans 1pm​

Source

Dang. I should've known better than to hope for the Lions in HD two weeks in a row. :no I'll have to settle for two wins in a row.

I am getting those Giants again but at least get to see the RedSkin. The Jets are going to be in SD for the second week in a row :).

I'll be flipping a lot. My remote is like John Kerry on Sunday, flip flopping all over the place. I'll spend most of my time on CAR@KC and CHI@GB in the AM since they have the highest fantasy impact on me. The in the afternoon PIT@BAL ... I hope it is a high scoring morning.

Also I hope Quentin Griffin has another huge week, GO BRONCOS!!!

I'm hoping for Tenessee vs colts and Giants Vs. Redskins in my area, in which case I'm going for the Colts (to even the playing field in the AFC) and the Giants. The Giants are the biggest mystery for me, Tiki in his first game was explosive, and Warner isn't bad, but the true gem I think is Eli Manning, once he develops look out. They have all the other offensive pieces i think, Toomer, Hilliard are good WRs, and Shockey is the man, if they could get him undouble-teamed.... fuggedaboudit... also shoving the 'Skins in the mouth will derail the Joe Gibbs bandwagon I can't stand already.

Giants vs Redskins OTA NYC. Overcompressed. The grass has so much blocking artifacts and there are lot of WS shots. Compare to Week 1: just a sligth better but compare to CBS not even close.

Wierd FOX OTA here from both WPB and Miami look great I can see the grass just fine, then again FOX in WPB (No multicast) and FOX in Miami only a cheesy weather map.

So who's watching my team the Dolphins against Cinci on ESPNHD tonight?

Just finished watching the Atletico Madrid vs. Barcelona game ;)
Now switching to the Browns-Cowboys game! It is in HD on NBC! Just started. Looks good so far...

Ilya said:
Just finished watching the Atletico Madrid vs. Barcelona game ;)
Now switching to the Browns-Cowboys game! It is in HD on NBC! Just started. Looks good so far...
You do mean CBS, right? Looks pretty good to me, too. I'd give it a slight edge over the Tampa/Seattle game on Fox.

TheTimm said:
You do mean CBS, right?
Yes, CBS, not NBC! Sorry...
This is important, by the way, because our NBC has 3 sub-channels and, as a result, does much more compression than CBS.

During the pregame show one of the anchors said "FOX NFL in 720-P high definition, the best choice for HD", then they show a pretty good Redskins Vs Giants game and switch back to the anchors who have to be in 480i widescreen because they look horrible. Oh well the CBS game still looks hotness.

I'm watching the Dallas/Cleveland on CBS. Looks good - most of the time. Am getting a little - just split seconds - pixellization here and there. And for one brief moment, it locked up, then went to SD for half a minute or so before returning to HD.

Dvlos said:
I'm hoping for Tenessee vs colts and Giants Vs. Redskins in my area, in which case I'm going for the Colts (to even the playing field in the AFC) and the Giants. The Giants are the biggest mystery for me, Tiki in his first game was explosive, and Warner isn't bad, but the true gem I think is Eli Manning, once he develops look out. They have all the other offensive pieces i think, Toomer, Hilliard are good WRs, and Shockey is the man, if they could get him undouble-teamed.... fuggedaboudit... also shoving the 'Skins in the mouth will derail the Joe Gibbs bandwagon I can't stand already.
Both teams suck.

Sean Mota said:
Giants vs Redskins OTA NYC. Overcompressed. The grass has so much blocking artifacts and there are lot of WS shots. Compare to Week 1: just a sligth better but compare to CBS not even close.
Your affiliate must really be multicasting. Isnt Fox sending out downrezzed 720p at 9mbps? I thought thats what I read at AVS... 9mbps

Yes, there is a sub-channel UPN. Fox has not gotten together still. There is also a subchannel on ABC and ABC has looked always very good.

The Ravens game didn't have the announcers, just crowd noise and sound effects from the moving scoreboard on the screen.

Anyone else notice this? I was watching it on DC 9-1. 9-2 (the weathermap) had the correct sound with the announcers.

Half way thru the game, they fixed the problem. Just wondering if it was CBS or just DC-9?

-John

I watched Redskins vs. Gaints on Fox and than Cleveland vs Dallas on CBS. CBS had some multipathing and sound drops. While Fox I experenced no problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)