No 119 signal

edpkp81

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 21, 2007
Lake Ariel, PA
Came home tonight to find I have no signal on 119. This morning there were no problems. I have 70-90's signal strength on the 110 sat. Any suggestions on what steps I should do to troubleshoot this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Did you do a check switch? Menu, 6, 1, 1, Check Switch and post the results.

Did a check switch and it states that there are less satellites than previously. It said to hit save for this new configuration or cancel to return to previous configuration.

I just swapped the coax at my lnb and at my switch (DP34 I believe) and I now have 119 but no 110. Would I be correct that I have a cable problem?

I should've asked this before posting anything else.

What's your equipment configuration? LNBs, switches and receiver. You could see what you have in the check switch screen. Sounds like you have a DPP Twin but we need more info.

I should've asked this before posting anything else.

What's your equipment configuration? LNBs, switches and receiver. You could see what you have in the check switch screen. Sounds like you have a DPP Twin but we need more info.

I have a DPP Twin LNB and a DP34 switch (Separate wing Dish 500 for 61.5). Three receivers - Vip 622, and two older DVR's (not sure of the models).

I have a DPP Twin LNB and a DP34 switch (Separate wing Dish 500 for 61.5). Three receivers - Vip 622, and two older DVR's (not sure of the models).

Thanks. Can the other receivers see 119 or 110 at the same time? Try 119 on port 1 and 110 on port 2 on the DP34 switch and run check switch on the receivers. If 119 fails on port 1 try it on port 3 where the 61.5 cable is and run check switch. If 119 shows on port 3 then you have a bad port 1.

Another test you could run is to disconnect one of the cables coming from the DPP Twin and using a barrel connector connect it directly to the 622 and run check switch. If both 119 and 110 work, you have a bad switch.

I was going to say it was a bad coax. As soon as you said you swapped both ends and lost the other bird, I was going to suggest you had basically put the other bird on the bad wire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)