No 61.5 signal

Thumper3181

Original poster
Jul 22, 2018
Owingsville, Kentucky
I am not certain what kind of dish that I have other than it says Dish HD and a VIP 722K receiver. We have called dish for help because we keep losing half our channels, I think because a tree was blocking them at times. I moved the dish and now I am only getting signal from 72.7 and nothing for 61.5, I used the correct skew, elevation and azimuth settings and I am getting a signal above 50 for 72.7. Any advice is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

You are pointing at a satellite in space. Just because you have the Skew, Elevation, an Azimuth set doesn't mean you are aimed at the satellite. You need to fine tune the aim.

When I first moved the dish I was only getting a signal of about of about 37 for 72.7 , I tweaked the azimuth, elevation and skew until I was around 55 on the signal Meyer on the point dish screen. I am just getting no signal from 61.5.

When I first moved the dish I was only getting a signal of about of about 37 for 72.7 , I tweaked the azimuth, elevation and skew until I was around 55 on the signal Meyer on the point dish screen. I am just getting no signal from 61.5.

The WRONG lnb is most likely pointed at 72.7. Use some aluminum foil over the face of one of them, and see if switch test still finds 72.7. If so, remove the foil from that one, and put it on the other one. If switch test now doesn't find 72.7, that's the one presently pointed at 72.7 sat. I'd bet it's the wrong one. If so, spin the dish slightly towards the EAST, and you should then also pick up 61.5.

The WRONG lnb is most likely pointed at 72.7. Use some aluminum foil over the face of one of them, and see if switch test still finds 72.7. If so, remove the foil from that one, and put it on the other one. If switch test now doesn't find 72.7, that's the one presently pointed at 72.7 sat. I'd bet it's the wrong one. If so, spin the dish slightly towards the EAST, and you should then also pick up 61.5.

I'll try that when I get home. Would I have to run the switch test or just watch and see if the signal drops from the dish point screen?

I'll try that when I get home. Would I have to run the switch test or just watch and see if the signal drops from the dish point screen?

Just putting the foil over the lnb face will drop the signal completely, if it's on the lnb that's pointing to 72.7 right now. It's my belief that the 61.5 sat lnb is pointing at 72.7 right now. That's a very common install mistake. If so, rotating the dish EAST will fix it once you lock 61.5. Hopefully you never changed the dish skew, and it's level on it's new post.

Just putting the foil over the lnb face will drop the signal completely, if it's on the lnb that's pointing to 72.7 right now. It's my belief that the 61.5 sat lnb is pointing at 72.7 right now. That's a very common install mistake. If so, rotating the dish EAST will fix it once you lock 61.5. Hopefully you never changed the dish skew, and it's level on it's new post.

The pole is very plumb, the original installer had it way out of plumb. I only moved the skew a few degrees from where my location stated to tweak the signal, I hope that I haven't royally screwed up.

Reactions: primestar31
In 12 years, I have yet to change the Skew once I set it for the location. Tweaking the skew will definitely drop one of the satellites out of range.

Always run a Switch Check before screwing with things.

Reactions: Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)