No April Fools Joke Today is my 14th year with Dish.

dnero

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 26, 2010
Springfield VT
Had Matt G look it for me, seen allot of changes over the years from a single dish 300 looking only at 119, programing was Americas top 40 had East and West distant networks super stations and I think just HBO. Receiver was a model 4000 of course SD and DVR was only a dream then. But after having crappy Adelphia cable then Dish SD looked like the difference between SD and HD today. Be interesting what the next 14 years bring both in Technology and programming.
Matt
Thanks for your help on this also will send a PM on this as well.

congratulations, not being sarcastic. Really though, I have to give you a gold star for putting up with them for 14 years!

Can't remember how far I go back, but I had to install my own Dish and I had both a 2000 and 1000 receivers. Kept them for many years because they ( or at least the 2000) had an internal ota tuner.

Yeah years and years, Enjoyed installing my own dish, bought the 4000 and had a 1000 that cost what 469.00 back than. Had the new and improved JVC 100 that recorded on super vhs, still in the attic I think. Have had some good times with them and wouldn't change for cable or direct

We've been with them 13 years this summer. I remember when the Dish 500 came out we thought we hit the big time! The DVR is the best technology to date I have experienced with them. I worked for company that looked at buying Dish in 1994-95, I remember looking at all the info we received about how a la carte would be the "next big bang" in programming. I would really like to have this, because we watch only a small amount of the AT 250 that we pay for. Most of it is junk that I could do without!

I like reading threads like this. Technology moves so fast. I got Dish in '96 or '97 and before them, it was taped delayed cable with about 8 channels here in small town Alaska. I couldn't believe how cool it was. I spent about $600 setting it up...no dealer, just waved a 1.2 meter dish around in the air for a whole weekend, didn't have a clue what I was doing, but finally saw the green bars. Those were the days!

Congrats! I too have been with them somewhere around 14 years. It was before there were locals on the small dish.

I can say this, with the good and bad over the many years, the signal has been ultra reliable.

I've been with Dish for 13yrs now. First setup was Dish 300 and 1000 receiver and a 4000 receiver. I think I paid like $700 for equipment and install at the time.

I wonder to how many model 7100's with webtv are still activated and being used today??
Bob

Had Matt G look it for me, seen allot of changes over the years from a single dish 300 looking only at 119, programing was Americas top 40 had East and West distant networks super stations and I think just HBO. Receiver was a model 4000 of course SD and DVR was only a dream then. But after having crappy Adelphia cable then Dish SD looked like the difference between SD and HD today. Be interesting what the next 14 years bring both in Technology and programming.
Matt
Thanks for your help on this also will send a PM on this as well.

July will be 14 years for me. Our only option has been Comcast and I use them for internet only. Tallahassee was the only city in FL without WWOR and WPIX back then and the Comcast manager told me at a city commission meeting that he was not planning on ever having those stations in Tallahassee. So I installed my first Dish. Customer # 400,000 plus and something. I got the Superstation package plus NYC and LA locals and thought I was in baseball heaven. I convinced probably another 90 to 100 other people to get Dish when they saw my choices for baseball. I helped at least 50 install theirs cause there were no dish techs. You had to do everything yourself. I remember calling Dish when I installed the my first dish and asking if a signal strength of 96 was good. The lady said "DON'T TOUCH THAT DISH AGAIN, I NEVER HEARD OF ANYBODY GETTING A 96." I told her I had built crystal radio sets as a kid but this Dish was new to me and she said to call her anytime I needed help. I use to like the Charlie Chat when he first started his Chats and they were not preprogramed to promote Dish and sell you something. The original technical chats were great. Good remembrances.

Yes I used to like the the Original Chats they were informal and you got a deal of info from them not like the newer ones. I also had the 7100 with Web TV which Dish stopped supporting single tuner DVR box that used a dial up connection to access the internet and a very slow connection compared to a desk top computer with a good dial up modem. I still miss parts of the way it worked had a wireless keyboard but it used to crash alot and had be reset all the time a very helpful Dish tech gave me all the reset codes which you enter in on the remote it finally died. I also use Comcast for internet only which is my only choice as well our local phone company is supposed to rolling out state wide wireless and is also promising fiber to the home with ultra high speed internet and tv. But judging by the fact at this point everything is still copper lines not holding out hope of anything there in the immediate future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts