no audio on imagin asiantv galaxy 10r

Status
Please reply by conversation.

antenna

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2005
Hello I just installed yesterday a fta system. I have 2 39 inches antennas. one on ia5 97 degrees and the other one on galaxy 10r. I live in montreal canada and I use a cooltec 4000 pro. Everything works fine but I don't get audio on Imagin_asiantv galaxy 10r 123 degrees 11.720 v 27692. The video is good but there's no sound. I tried to program the apid to 37 but the receiver won't take it. It's shows for apid 65535. Could somebody help me please? Thank you.

Hello and WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum :welcome

That channel uses AC-3 digital audio.

Thanks for the info but I'm new a this a I don't know what's ac-3 audio is. Can I still get the audio with my cooltec 4000 pro. It has rca and s-video in the back of the receiver. Thanks for the answer.

The Coolsat does not have an AC-3 output at this time : (
I use a Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra for this purpose!

you would need an audio receiver that decodes dolby digital

and a satellite receiver that does AC3

So, for reference, there's no way a receiver without AC3 support (usually obtained by an optical or RCA coax port labeled "digital audio" or something similar) can produce any kind of audio from such channels, unless that channel is also broadcasting "normal" audio.

I suppose you could contact the provider and ask them to enable "normal" audio but most likely they will just encrypt the channel when they figure out how many people are watching for free. :(

Pepper said:
So, for reference, there's no way a receiver without AC3 support (usually obtained by an optical or RCA coax port labeled "digital audio" or something similar) can produce any kind of audio from such channels, unless that channel is also broadcasting "normal" audio.

correct...

I suppose you could contact the provider and ask them to enable "normal" audio but most likely they will just encrypt the channel when they figure out how many people are watching for free. :(
very true :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)