No Big Ten SD in HD Absolute???

dishjim

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 3, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
I thought if you subscribed to HD Absolute any SD recievers got the SD versions of the HD channels, that being said I do get the Big Ten on my 622 but no channel 439 on my new 522, I though I had it on my 721, but not sure. I just was looking for some direction before I contact tech support and possibly lose HD 439.

The Big10 Network is a regional sports channel so officially it's NOT included in HD Absolute at all.

The Big Ten network is listed as part of the Top 100 plus and up package not as regional sports.

Network: Big Ten Network

Channel Name: BIG10

Category: SPORTS

Description:

Available in:

AMERICA'S EVERYTHING PAK
AMERICA'S TOP 100 PLUS
AMERICA'S TOP 100 PLUS (WITH LOCALS)
AMERICA'S TOP 200
AMERICA'S TOP 250
ANNUAL DISH LATINO DOS
DISH LATINO DOS & LOCAL
DISH LATINO DOS (W LOCALS)
DISH LATINO DOS DHA
DISH LATINO EVERYTHING PAK
DISH LATINO MAX & LOCAL
DISH LATINO MAX (W LOCALS)
DISH LATINO MAX DHA
DISH LATINO MAX-ENG/SPAN
DISH Latino Dos w/o Playboy Espanol
DISH Latino Max w/o Playboy Espanol
MULTI SPORT

No, Dish treats it as an RSN, it just lists it with all the other channels. It is only available in the referenced packages in the Big Ten reagion.

You notice it is in AT100+, not AT100. The difference between the 2 packs: RSNs.

You also note it is not included in HD Absolute

No, Dish treats it as an RSN, it just lists it with all the other channels. It is only available in the referenced packages in the Big Ten reagion.

You notice it is in AT100+, not AT100. The difference between the 2 packs: RSNs.

You also note it is not included in HD Absolute

Hd Absolute is no longer avail, as of 8/1/08 so it would not be listed.

You may very well be right, but initially BTN refused to let dish stick it in as an RSN, wanting national coverage, and at least for the first year they wern't an RSN.

...but initially BTN refused to let dish stick it in as an RSN, wanting national coverage, and at least for the first year they wern't an RSN.
Made Dish look good though .... it was not much more than a publicity stunt in the end. Then again, Dish was claiming that the Big 10 Network was in fact a "free preview" for that first 6-12 months that everyone got and after that, it moved to it's normal status.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts