No BlockBuster (Broadband Problem)

I do not have a HIC, just broadband hooked to my Hopper and all the Joeys can access Blockbuster and VOD fine (even though the status screens show them NOT connected to broadband.

I think this means that the Joeys have no use for an Internet connection, and the Hopper does it all including BB@home "streaming". I'll bet the only thing you'll gain when Joeys have an active port is a HIC replacement.

You will need the Hopper Internet Connector to connect the Joey to the internet through the hopper network.

It will not work without it. The alternative is to get it the wireless adapter or connect it to your network with an ethernet connection.

No you don't. If you connect ethernet to the Hopper it connects the whole system to broadband.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

He posted the same crap about this in another thread.:rolleyes:

Hopper seems to have statis IP address and subnet mask already assigned

Hello all. My install just happened this past Sunday. We opted for 2 Hoppers and 4 joeys. Everthing seems to be fine except that the "main" Hopper appears not to want to communicate with my router. During the install, my internet was not working, so the installer just left me with an ethernet cable and some basic instructions about how to navigate to the Broadband setup screen -- He said that it was a simple as plugging in the ethernet and clicking on the "Reset Network" button. Unfortunately, this has not been the case. It seems that the Hopper has a static IP address in the 169 range, and is working on a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0. My router is set to a standard 192 range and has a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. Obviously the two aren't seeing each other. I see no place on the Hopper to be able to get rid of the static IP address and pressing the "Reset Connection" and/or the "Reset Network" buttons does nothing to connect the two together. BTW, I have MAC address filtering set on my router and have put in the MAC address of the Hopper into that table (and have verified that I have the MAC addr correctly put in). Beyond that, I am not sure how to proceed. Does anyone have an idea as to how I can get the two to talk? Thanks in advance. PJ P.S. - I also wanted to thank Scott for the excellent article/blog about his experiences with installing and using the new Hopper system. It was because of that article that we decided to stay with Dish rather than go with the Centurylink Prism service. So far, it's great -- not counting this minor problem with the ethernet connection.....

I have a dpp44 switch with one Hopper and one Joey and NO HIC. Everything works as it should with only the Hopper connected to the network via ethernet into a wi-fi bridge.

I also have a dpp44. I have 2 Hoppers/ 2 Joeys and no HIC. I have both Hoppers connected to the internet. One with WiFi and one with Ethernet. I wasn't able to get BBMP or ONDemand to work until I gave both Hoppers a hard reset. Before the reset, I clicked on the icon, it said I needed a broadband connection and then just went to live TV. After the hard reset I get BBMP and OnDemand on both Hoppers and Joeys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)