no commitment

ediemash

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2005
lakeland,florida
what is the difference between no commitment and no contract, i tried to talking to a rep at dish. my neighbor was interested in getting service and was wondering what the costs would be if there wasnt a contract. in the dish builder it talks about no commitment, i ask the woman if it was the same as no contract she was vague, claimed you could receivers and get america 250 and hd and only cost you 49.99 upfront because of the no commitment. can anyone shed any light on this?

thanks, edie

I have the same question, basically the same. I am thinking of switching to DishDVR Advantage, which will save me about $4/ month. It says on the sign up page "no monthly commitments" but I don't know if signing up for DishDVR Advantage automatically renews a new 18 month contract. My existing contract expires in I think a few months.

It's 18 months these days, unless like said above, you pay the activation fee. Period, the end.

You will still have to sign a contract. The contract will be for the charge if you cancel service and do not return the equipment. You will not be committed to a time frame, and can cancel service at any time and just have to return the equipment (they will send out return shipping prepaid boxes).

But, of course by committing to a minimum length of time for service you can usually get a better deal on either improved equipment, rebates, fees or service.

its kind of what i thought but it sounded to good to be true and usually if its too good to be true ....
the dish rep was saying you could get america 250+hd pack, free hd dvr receiver (for 2 tvs, one receiver)and only have to pay the 49.99 up front and thats it, i think its suppose to be somewhere in the neighborhood of $80

It's 18 months these days, unless like said above, you pay the activation fee. Period, the end.

This is actually not bad then..I may change to the DVRAdvantage program, and wind up paying about $3 less per month but get Americas 200 instead of 100. And I can cancel if I wish in a month or two! Been thinking about canceling for a while, just using OTA for local HD feeds.

You could go for the Dish "Free for All", and pay for everything up front with no commitment.

Of course, the upfront fee would be high, depending ont he # of TV's you want connected and the type of equipment you want as well.

You can create an account with a SS# and address, connect receivers to a phone line, and sign up for what you want.

No contracts. Sign up when you want, for what you want. And cancel when you want, with no penalties.

You could go for the Dish "Free for All", and pay for everything up front with no commitment.

Of course, the upfront fee would be high, depending ont he # of TV's you want connected and the type of equipment you want as well.

You can create an account with a SS# and address, connect receivers to a phone line, and sign up for what you want.

No contracts. Sign up when you want, for what you want. And cancel when you want, with no penalties.

Maybe no contract if you go straight through dish. But if you go through a retailer I can bet they will have a contract for you to sign. Atleast for 12 mo. Because if you cut-off in the 12 mo period they get a chargeback for the install, and some incentive payments. Now I am sure if you wanna pay for everything, equip,install and all then maybe, but that will be higher than just keeping to length on contract.

Dishstore does not require a mandatory 18 month contract.

However if you don't do the contract you will not get a $50 promotional credit on the first months bill and the rebate Dishstore is giving all new customers will be reduced from a potential $75 to $25.

You will still have to sign a contract. The contract will be for the charge if you cancel service and do not return the equipment. You will not be committed to a time frame, and can cancel service at any time and just have to return the equipment (they will send out return shipping prepaid boxes).

But, of course by committing to a minimum length of time for service you can usually get a better deal on either improved equipment, rebates, fees or service.

Oh well I have zero problem with signing a contract to return equipment. I just don't like the commitment re: time frames. I may think about canceling service in a few months.

I also received confirmation from ceo@dishnetwork.com that the dish dvradvantage includes first dvr lease fee and dvr charges, and of course locals and AT200.

I am now paying for the 5.99/month extended protection plan..but I will probably drop that too. If I can cancel at any time, including if my receiver breaks, I'm thinking if I call in to cancel dish may offer a free swap out to keep me as a customer (if I want to do that). I used to pay 1.99 for this extended warranty, but they recently bumped it up to 5.99/month.

Anyone knows if 'no commitment' applies previous Dish customer or must-be New Customers only?

My sister been getting direct flyers from Dish Network asking her to return with up to $270.00 if she sub to Dish HD with the appropriate package BUT there is a 18-month commitment.

Also, if you sign up for 'no commitment' (meaning must pay $49.95 activation fee), does that mean there will be no $10 rebate per month for 10 months for their standard package like AT100 ($29.99/month).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts