No Directv Satellite Reception after Hurricane Wilma

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lbshar

Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
After Hurricane Wilma, we have no Directv satellite reception - 0%. Directv cannot come out until mid-December! We've reset the box, verified the position of the satellite, and checked all the connections. A friend of mine is having the same problem and swapped out the splitter (theirs is outside, mine is in the attic), and swapped out the LNB (but that didn't work - we haven't tried that yet). Is there some obvious thing we're not doing? What should we try first, then next, etc.? We'd REALLY appreciate your help!

how exactly did you verify the dish positioning?

you checked to make sure it is still plumb and level all around AND verified the azimuth, elevation and skew (if you have skew - phaseIII)

you also should have no "splitters" installed; do you mean multi-switch?

We have it on the edge of the roof, so the elevation did not change, and it's still plumb. We don't have a compass, but we moved it slightly and paused in the general southwest direction and never got even a 1% signal. There are no trees in that area as it's pointed over the roof, and any trees that were in the way have considerably less branches and leaves now than before!

Yes, it's a multi-switch. Ours is in the attic, so I can't see how it would get damaged.

well i would never assume the elevation didn't change and would at least check it. you should also get a compass as not to guess your heading. $14 - $20 at any walmart in the hunting area. remember a 1/16 of an inch off at your dish is many, many, many, etc miles in space.

Well, you were right. My friend whose having the same problem called a few minutes ago. Apparently the wind bent dish-shaft outward. They had to manually adjust the elevation, instead of relying on the setting on the pole that's below the dish. We did the same thing and now have 95% reception! FYI for all those in the same boat who are waiting for Directv to come out in December. Thanks all!!!

Way to go Ibshar, welcome back to TV! Enjoy!

P.S. I just noticed your post count; welcome to the SatelliteGuys board.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)