No Eastern Arch Dish for Maine

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

atvman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
Dish came to my house this week to upgrade a receiver. I asked him about the Eastern Arch dish problems in Maine and he said it would probably work in southern Maine, but Dish has told them no more Eastern Arch dish installs in Maine.:)

Dish came to my house this week to upgrade a receiver. I asked him about the Eastern Arch dish problems in Maine and he said it would probably work in southern Maine, but Dish has told them no more Eastern Arch dish installs in Maine.:)

The satellites at 72/77 were not designed for the location where they are at, so pieces of the states are "cut off"

I have a Dish 1000.4 and I took it down and put the two dish solution up. The lower signals suck compared to using the 2 dish 500 solution with 110/119/61.5. The 1000.4 is sitting in my garage for a rainy day. Maybe it'd make a great 61.5 dish. :)

During extreme rain my SDs stay up no problem really and the HD goes out but only for maybe 15 minutes or so during any storm. If I went a little bigger with the HD dish, I suspect it would stay up too. The EA dish comparatively was not pleasant by any stretch. It's also heavy so it was more prone to 'drifting' unless you install the support arms. I couldn't find where to attach the support arms to the dish, so I never bothered.

I have a Dish 1000.4 and I took it down and put the two dish solution up. The lower signals suck compared to using the 2 dish 500 solution with 110/119/61.5. The 1000.4 is sitting in my garage for a rainy day. Maybe it'd make a great 61.5 dish. :)

During extreme rain my SDs stay up no problem really and the HD goes out but only for maybe 15 minutes or so during any storm. If I went a little bigger with the HD dish, I suspect it would stay up too. The EA dish comparatively was not pleasant by any stretch. It's also heavy so it was more prone to 'drifting' unless you install the support arms. I couldn't find where to attach the support arms to the dish, so I never bothered.

I find down in southeast Texas we too suffer from weaker signals on the 1000.4 sat dish. I got signals in the 39-48 range on 72.7 and 45-52 on the 77sat and in the 50s on the 61.5 sat. It would drop out in rain storms very quickly and I kept getting a warning message when I ran a system information scan. It told me I was losing signal on both tuners on the 77 sat, which was crazy because I was getting stronger higher signal strengths on that sat compared to the 72.7 sat. So I went back to my 1000.2 sat dish + side sat for 61.5.

I had bought a lnb adapter so I could retrofit my 1000.2 sat dish for 129 when I had the 1000.4 sat dish up , but the adapter won't work on the 1000.4 sat dish . Someone will have to come up with a new adapter for that one. Then I could use that big dish for something besides a birds hangout.

You are definitely better off with the western arc configuration or a DISH 500 + side sat dish for either 61.5 or 129. I hope once they get new sats up there to replace the existing sats at 72.7 /77 and one at 61.5, that we can get stronger signals on all 3 sats. Then I might replug in my 1000.4 sat dish.