No ESPN2?

littlb

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
The Cardinals game on ESPN2 is not available in my are (OKC, Oklahoma). Is this correct? Never in my life has any ESPN program been blacked out in my area.

All baseball games on espn/2 except for sunday night baseball are out of market it only. Inside the market the game is provided by RSNs. Which is the case for this game

On Monday the ESPN feed of the Braves-Dodgers game were blacked out too in the Nashville TN area. The ESPN feed has never been blacked out in the past. It was only showing in SD on Fox Sports South.

How can they black out the ESPN network...does this mean they re-negociated their contract with MLB. I hope this is not a sign of things to come this baseball season. I am not a Braves or Dodgers fan but it is annoying to see the ESPN feed blacked out. Arrrrrrrrghhhhhh!

This changed last year I think.

The MLB used to allow ESPN to be broadcast in all regions, even if the local RSN was also broadcasting the game.

But now ESPN non exclusive games are only avail out of market

How can I get fox sports midwest? I buy the sports package and all I get is Fox SW.

What do you mean? if you buy the sports pack you get all the RSNs, including FSN MW. And since you're in the home market for cardinals you'd see those games without EI. Dish and DirecTV kinda cheat folks out this way. They withold RSNs from subscribers in the basic packs even though those RSNs carry the broadcasts for teams considered in your market

I just upped to the top 60 plus for baseball season because I thought (ie was told by Dish) I was going to get all the fox sports regional channels, but all I appear to get is FSW and then whatever games they feel like giving me on alternates.

yes. you need to add the sports pack on top of that to get fsn MW.

AT60+ only gets you the RSNs dish has allocated for your zip code

All we get in the OKC market is FSW. But, since we're claimed by the Cards, and KC, we don't get those games on either ESPN or FSN. :(

if you ordered the sports pack you would with FSN MW
That's what I'm trying to tell you.

I'm saying it's bogus for STL and KC (and Houston) to claim OKC. That's like NYC claiming Knoxville. I wanted to see the game in HD on ESPN2.

That is bogus. You are correct.

After a lengthy discussion with Dish I have decided to cancel my service. It is ridiculous that I am required to subscribe to Top 60 + for an extra 5 bucks which gives me FSW, then up to the sports pack for an additional 6 bucks to get the rest of the fox sports channels just so I can see a game that is available locally on cable.

littlb said:

After a lengthy discussion with Dish I have decided to cancel my service. It is ridiculous that I am required to subscribe to Top 60 + for an extra 5 bucks which gives me FSW, then up to the sports pack for an additional 6 bucks to get the rest of the fox sports channels just so I can see a game that is available locally on cable.

The reason for that is because the sports programming is so expensive to carry as those sports channels have to pay carrage rights to the teams that they show. NHL, NBA, MLB Ect. when you order at 60+ your paying for that carrage cost of the professional teams. There is a reason why ESPN is well over 3 bucks alone. Thats what dish pays per sub to carry that channel.. BEFORE PROFIT!

littlb said:

See Ya!

Hey you could be in Philadelphia, where I am. The ESPN2 feed was blacked out (obviously) for the Cards-Phils, and even if I pay $6 for the RSN, Comcast uses a loophole so they don't have to provide Dish with the feed, so there is no way (without selling my soul to Comcast) that I can get the Phils for about 85% of the season.

Slamminc11 said:

I have seen you post this before. I don't understand the point of it. It offers absolutely nothing to the thread and is not production in anyway. I kind of makes you sound like a....well, nevermind, you get the idea.
Is it to up your post count?

-SNT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)