No extra innings,how about hd-rsn's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yeah, I'd give my left nut for NESN HD!!!
I sent ceo@echostar.com a polite email requesting the status of HD RSNs (specifically NESN) on Friday morning. I also mentioned how my D* friends like to gloat about the fact that they have it. I still have received no response from them, not even the expected "soon".

I guess the lack of response says it all....

I sent ceo@echostar.com a polite email requesting the status of HD RSNs (specifically NESN) on Friday morning. I also mentioned how my D* friends like to gloat about the fact that they have it. I still have received no response from them, not even the expected "soon".

Don't hold your breath! The addition of any RSN's isn't exactly top priority to Chucky! He's rather acquire cheap HD programming such as Basket Weaving-HD, then add that to his ever increasing HD repitiore, pass it on to us..."even though we don't want it", and say he has more HD than any other provider!

To me, I don't care if he had 500 channels of HD! Especially if they're not what I want...NETWORKS!!!!

Are you reading this CHUCKY!!!!!!!!:mad:

Last edited:
RSN in HD will not be on E* anytime soon if at all. There are just way to many factors that I have read about. The cost, space, not 24/7 etc...

The SD version of NESN and FSN NE are so bad I just listen to the audio and play XBOX.

RSN in HD will not be on E* anytime soon if at all. There are just way to many factors that I have read about. The cost, space, not 24/7 etc...

The SD version of NESN and FSN NE are so bad I just listen to the audio and play XBOX.

Been there, done that! Will most likely do it again this season after the fan fare has worn off over Dice-K.

AMEN to that, FSN DET is almost unwatchable too!!! :( :( :(

Hmmm....none of these factors stopped Direct from providing HD RSN's to their customer base...maybe Chuck has just conceded sports broadcasting to Direct since he lost the MLB package and figures anyone who who wants sports is going to jump to Direct anyway.

Hopefully he will think this one through. MLB is overexposed on tv anyway...MLB extra innings is overkill and he should concede this to Direct. RSN's, however, are vital to each of their local markets and Dish needs to provide them in HD if they don't want to lose a substantial portion of their customer base!

Then why did they promise they'd have it by the fall of '06 in the summer of '06?
They lied and I will drop them for it as soon as I am out of my contract.

Let me set a reminder to re-visit your post for hmmmmmmmm........ August 10th. lol.

Let me set a reminder to re-visit your post for hmmmmmmmm........ August 10th. lol.
At least I'm realistic enough to not believe the marketing hype and throw out my own deadlines when the providers can't match the ones they issue.

P.S. I'm glad to see you've mastered the SEARCH function here on SatGuys.

P.P.S How's the picture quality on your HD capacity??

At least I'm realistic enough to not believe the marketing hype and throw out my own deadlines when the providers can't match the ones they issue.

P.S. I'm glad to see you've mastered the SEARCH function here on SatGuys.

P.P.S How's the picture quality on your HD capacity??

c'mon lighten up - obviously just kidding. you think you're the only one entitled to throw out lines to people?

c'mon lighten up - obviously just kidding. you think you're the only one entitled to throw out lines to people?

I knew the capacity shot would get to you ;)

Sorry if my sarcasm was over the top. I originally tried to go with D*, but the installer said that I had no LOS. Two months later, an E* guy came out and installed w/o a hitch. So, I very easily could have been on "your side"....

I knew the capacity shot would get to you ;)

Sorry if my sarcasm was over the top. I originally tried to go with D*, but the installer said that I had no LOS. Two months later, an E* guy came out and installed w/o a hitch. So, I very easily could have been on "your side"....

You really want to know the truth - the capacity thing didn't bother me at all - and that's because I really believe it. And yes, time will tell.

As far as being on my side - I would just as easily be on 'your' side - but since E* doesn't have YES network, and since I feel the HD sports is just so much better on D* - I stay there. For me, the sports (and now it looks like MLB-EI) is just so much more valuable programming than VOOM - so it's a simple one.

And if it goes down like D* says it will - in about 6 months, they will have BOTH, not only the way superior sports offerings, but also the huge HD national capacity. Not sure that E* is in position to match that - we'll see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts