No Fox News HD in Turbo HD only!?

To Charlie, silence means you don't care. Take five minutes and email and submit a chat question.

I agree...it takes maybe 3 minutes. All we need to do is flood this box with simple questions regarding Fox in the Turbo HD packs. Pressure, pressure, pressure! Things were very hot regarding this issue for about a week or so on this forum and then died off. We have to continue to follow through on this...it is obviously the only option to make something happen.

I've got 2 Dish HD rec and standard def. DirecTV. It now looks to me as Turbo HD only packages are dead (no new programming). I was ready to cancel my DirecTV account and go with the HD Gold only...But now with Fox News HD and FBN HD stuck in another package, looks like the Dish Network stuff is out the door. I need to see when the DirecTV HD receiver can be installed.

Well in a new twist, I now have Fox News in SD, but not in HD. This is extra weird since I only have the TurboHD gold package. I also called dish network again (to ask if I was under contract with them) and later was told that the information I posted earlier was incorrect, and that us TurboHD customers should be getting Fox soon.

Lovely how nobody really seems to know whats going on a Dish.

TurboHD Silver still NO Fox News in SD or HD

I have Turbo HD silver. I have Fox News on 205 in HD. I've had it for a while too I believe.

OK, got off my duff and submitted a question... I did play it a little dumb though.
One of those "...I was thinking about switching to one of the Turbo HD packs, but heard that Fox News HD isn't included in them. Do you know when it will be?..." type questions- probably more likely to get a response that way...

I agree...it takes maybe 3 minutes. All we need to do is flood this box with simple questions regarding Fox in the Turbo HD packs. Pressure, pressure, pressure! Things were very hot regarding this issue for about a week or so on this forum and then died off. We have to continue to follow through on this...it is obviously the only option to make something happen.

Call him on the Charlie Chat Monday!!!!
Tell him you want FOX in Turbo!!!!

Perhaps we should all go to this website ( DISH Network -- Customer Care -- Charlie Chat ) and ask Charlie to answer why they didn't add Fox News HD to the TurboHD only packages.

I doubt he will, but hey this could be one more way to complain.

Please, everyone click on the link above and at least send in a quick sentence or two to Charlie Chat! It's likely a phone question will NOT get on the air but they can't overlook the numbers if everyone emails in.

Got a response to my Charlie Chat submission.

Dear Mr. Johnson,
Thank you for your email. Please be advised that your TurboHD programming. At this time Fox News HD (or Fox Business News HD) is only available in our Classic packages. We are constantly evaluating the programming in our packages and may add this channel in our TurboHD packages in the future. Please refer to dishnetwork.com for programming updates as it is your best source for information
We thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com or reply to this email.

Sincerely,
Ahram A.
TID:OR-Cadillac
DISH Network eCare

I sent a response.

I found your response insulting. It is as if you didn't even bother to read my message. All of the information you provided in your response, I had already stated in my original message. I am *well aware* that Fox News HD is not available in TurboHD packages. Based on this fact, I expressed dual concerns that a) this seems to be in conflict with the channel lineup card that explains that the Turbo packs carry the HD versions of channels in the corresponding Classic packs, and b) what precedent does this set for future HD feeds? When more HD feeds are added, can Turbo HD subscribers expect to receive them?

Last edited:
Well, another interesting twist here. Saw a promo run last night for the next Charlie Chat. The 2 featured guests are Glen Beck from FoxNews and Stuart Varney from Fox Business. Could this mean there may be some announcement about these channels forthcoming? Guess we'll see soon.

Well, another interesting twist here. Saw a promo run last night for the next Charlie Chat. The 2 featured guests are Glen Beck from FoxNews and Stuart Varney from Fox Business. Could this mean there may be some announcement about these channels forthcoming? Guess we'll see soon.

I want to believe, but I doubt it. I bet they will just highlight that it is part of the Classic 100 pack and now "everyone" gets it.

Well, if history repeats itself then I guess we'll see Fox News and Fox Business in April... (deduced b/c Tricia Helfer was on the March Charlie Chat last year and Sci-Fi HD came in April)

Good Bye Turbo Gold hello Fox News HD

I have been following this thread with interest. I was a Turbo Gold member, and I use the word was. I went with CLASSIC SILVER 200 / DVR ADVANTAGE with locals with the HD silver option. I am now paying @7.00 more. Reason.... you got it, FOX NS HD / value.

I also sent a Charlie Chat question about Fox in the Turbo HD packages. Here is the question:

Can you explain why the new Fox News HD channels aren't included in the corresponding TurboHD packages. When I signed up, I was assured that my TurboHD Silver package would included all the HD channels that were included in the corresponding Classic package. Now that isn't the case.

Why?

And here, missing the point as usual, is their answer:

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Please be advised that FOX News in HD will be available in our BronzeHD and higher packages starting March 3, 2009.

We would like to add more HD channels, to make viewers like you happy, but we do not know if or when this will happen. Please stay tuned for consumer Charlie Chats that are broadcast monthly on Channel 101 or logon to our website for future programming announcements.

We thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to DISH Network - 1.888.825.2557 or reply to this email.

I have replied again, reiterating that I'm talking about the HD-only packages, but I doubt it will do much good.

Jim

Like this one I got after submitted a question to that link!:

Thank you for your email. We want to apologize for not meeting your expectations in customer service. We pride ourselves with providing each and every customer with a positive experience when contacting us. Feedback from our customers, both positive and negative, drives the quality of our customer service. It is apparent in our quest for providing our customers with world class customer service, we have fallen short. Again, we apologize for any confusion or inconvenience caused by this issue.
We thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com or reply to this email.

Please, everyone click on the link above and at least send in a quick sentence or two to Charlie Chat! It's likely a phone question will NOT get on the air but they can't overlook the numbers if everyone emails in.

I just did as a current DirecTv customer. That I was intending to switch to a TurboHD package next month when my commitment ended with D*, but the confusion over why Fox News HD was not included in the Turbo packages has made me reconsider and now will stay with DirectTv until the issues of Fox News and whether other new HD channels will be added to the Turbo packages are resolved.

From the reply I got, I guess I wasn't clear enough...

Thank you for your e-mail. Thank you for your interest in DISH Network where we believe in Better TV for All. We offer a wide range of programming packages to fit our customers’ needs, including our family-friendly DishFAMILY package and America’s lowest price for 100 all-digital channels in our “Classic Bronze 100” programming package.
We will be more than happy to assist you in choosing the right programming and equipment package to suit all your viewing needs, but first we would like to ask a few questions.
1. Please provide the address you wish to have your new DISH Network service installed at
2. Have you had DISH Network service before, and if so what is the address you had service at
If you would like to see DISH Network’s equipment up close and have a chance to try it out. We suggest that you visit a local retailer. Please visit:

http://www.dishnetwork.com/search/retailer/index.asp to find a retailer in your area.

If you have any further questions, please refer to our online sales page at www.dishtv.com.
Sincerely,
TID:OR-Cadillac
DISH Network eCare
Please include all previous correspondence when replying.

I am currently a DirecTv subscriber. I was intending to switch to Dish Turbo HD next month when my commitment ends.
The current confusion over Fox News HD and why it has not been added to Turbo HD has made me reconsider my intention to switch to Dish.
If the Turbo HD packages will not get all HD channels, then what is the point of the package?

I just did as a current DirecTv customer. That I was intending to switch to a TurboHD package next month when my commitment ended with D*, but the confusion over why Fox News HD was not included in the Turbo packages has made me reconsider and now will stay with DirectTv until the issues of Fox News and whether other new HD channels will be added to the Turbo packages are resolved.

That's not a bad idea, although if you can live without any of the new HD that might be added, the lower cost Turbo HD packages are still nonetheless attractive.

That's not a bad idea, although if you can live without any of the new HD that might be added, the lower cost Turbo HD packages are still nonetheless attractive.

I don't want to be tied to a long term Dish commitment if Dish were to add other new HD channels such as FX HD and AMC HD to base packages and not to Turbo. I would rather stick with D* in that case. Turbo is the only reason for me to switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)