No "Free" 622 upgrade for me

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CPOMank

Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
Just got off the phone with "Josh" and was told I cannot have the offer as there is still 6 months left on my contract. I COULD go to Costco and buy a 622 for ONLY $449.00.
I was told by Dnet customer service last week that starting 1Feb that I would be able to get one for $149 up front, a $50 rebate and $10 off my bill for 10 months....

WTF?!?

Just got off the phone with "Josh" and was told I cannot have the offer as there is still 6 months left on my contract. I COULD go to Costco and buy a 622 for ONLY $449.00.
I was told by Dnet customer service last week that starting 1Feb that I would be able to get one for $149 up front, a $50 rebate and $10 off my bill for 10 months....

WTF?!?

Try the ceo email address, include your account number.

I got the 622 for $149, nd have the rebate form, but it looks like I'm only eligible for the $50 rebate, not the $10 for 10 months. Apparently, you have to be an existing sub but new to HD to get the $100, judging by the rebate form.

The CEO thing works, his response to me was "Sometimes the CSR's on the front lines have restrictions but I can get you the deal....

Don't know if I agree with that philosophy.

The CEO thing works, his response to me was "Sometimes the CSR's on the front lines have restrictions but I can get you the deal....

Don't know if I agree with that philosophy.
Philosophy ?? It's called rules and the CEO office is, ummm, "bending" the rules. Strictly following the rules, I believe your 18-month contract might start over too.

Guess I was too anxious to upgrade to HD last december when I bought a HD TV. Just wait 6 weeks, I could have saved $200 :( That is almost 10% of what I paid for the TV.

I got the 622 for $149, nd have the rebate form, but it looks like I'm only eligible for the $50 rebate, not the $10 for 10 months. Apparently, you have to be an existing sub but new to HD to get the $100, judging by the rebate form.

Could someone help me find the rebate forms, I have looked dishes website for 2 days and can't find them. Thanks in advance.

811 to 622 Upgrade?

I currently have a Dish 811 HD receiver with AT60 and the old original $9.99 HD package. I think our total bill is $39.99

I'm interested in a 622 upgrade but want to keep my upgrade and package costs as low as possible. I have not taken advantage of any promotions or upgrades since getting the 811 (over 2 years ago) which I paid $200 for.

Looks like the new AT100 is $29.95 and the basic HD is $20.00 per month. I guess with the 622 there is a DVR fee, how much is that? Also if I want locals for the guide, how much is that? Any other fee's like a lease or anything else?

If I understand the thread here I can get the 811 upgraded to the 622 for $149 up front and then apply for the rebate here: http://www.dishnetwork.com/redirects/promotion/100_back/Q1.349_RedemptionForm.pdf

It looks like I would qualify for the $50 Dish'n it Up Receiver upgrade, would I also qualify for the $10 for 10 months rebate for HD? I would be upgrading my HD but technically I guess I wouldn't be a "New" HD subscriber.

I currently have a DishPro 500 dish, and live in Missouri. Will I get a new Dish 1000 as a part of the upgrade?

Also, will they want the 811 back? If not, can it be activated at a family members house so they can get local HD or resold on eBay? They currently have AT60 on a 3xx receiver.

Any/All advice is appreciated.

locals are $5 yes, the dvr fee is $5.98 and receiver lease fee is $6

you'll get the $10 for 10 months hd rebate

the upgrade includes installation so you'll get the proper dish

re: the 811, it depends? did you sign up with the 811 and purchased it for $200, or did you add it later through a lease plan

re: the 811, it depends? did you sign up with the 811 and purchased it for $200, or did you add it later through a lease plan

I originally signed up for Dish service with a 3xx receiver and then added the 811 when they were still pretty new. I thought the $200 I paid at the time "Purchased" the 811. How would I know for sure? I guess there is no way to avoid the lease fee except to buy the 622?

I guess the $20 "Family" package can't have HD added to it?

Also, on the 811 if I watch local HD for any length of time I usually have to reboot when I go back to the dish channels as the 811 gets hosed up. TNT-HD also has had a lot of video breakups since it came along.

Are these two issues better with the 622?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I originally signed up for Dish service with a 3xx receiver and then added the 811 when they were still pretty new. I thought the $200 I paid at the time "Purchased" the 811. How would I know for sure? I guess there is no way to avoid the lease fee except to buy the 622?

I guess the $20 "Family" package can't have HD added to it?

Also, on the 811 if I watch local HD for any length of time I usually have to reboot when I go back to the dish channels as the 811 gets hosed up. TNT-HD also has had a lot of video breakups since it came along.

Are these two issues better with the 622?

Thanks.

for $200 i would hope you own the reciever

your correct, the $20 family package cannout add DishHD

i have an 811 as well and that problem is driving me crazy as well, I think the 622 is better. Dish actually made the 811 worse with updates cause it use to be finev :mad:

I signed up for my service back in November and got a 211 as I could not afford the 622 at the time. Now I wish I would have waited and gotten the 622 for free. Instead I got a free 211 and now I had to pay $149 to upgrade, and I was eligible for the upgrade with a new 18 month contract starting from day of activation. It also looks like I'm only eligible for the $50 rebate as I already have DishHD Gold. Although the CSR I talked to said I was eligible for the $100 and the $50 back, but this guy had no idea what he was talking about anyways. These CSR's seriously need more training.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)