No FSN for DishHD Bronze/Silver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
silver has your local rsn...bronze doesnt

Silver is just A120 (which has your local RSN in it) + HD
Bronze is AT60 + HD

oggusfoo said:
Don't get confused though, neither package has your regional sports network in high def, yet.

DTV has the RSN's in HD. Does anyone know when this will be available to DISH subscribers?

probably not.

for SD one had to have AT60+ to add the sports pack.

besides seems silly to pay $6 for 1 or 2 channels, versus paying and additional $4 for a bunch more

I get giddy every time I head Scott mention the RSN HD timeline. I asked that same question on the tech chat and 'they are working on it - very soon' Plan to launch 10 first, the rest early next year.

BFG said:
probably not.

for SD one had to have AT60+ to add the sports pack.

besides seems silly to pay $6 for 1 or 2 channels, versus paying and additional $4 for a bunch more

It wouldnt be silly for me seeing as the only 3 things Ill watch in SD are Lions, Tigers, or Pistons..

None of those SD channels would do me a bit of good..Right now I dont even have an SD channel in my guide...

Im hoping to add Sport Pack to my bronze pack when my HD RSN becomes available, well see I guess....

Friend of mine was looking into D* for RSN in HD. They won't have it:
Quote:
Thanks for writing us back. I'm excited to hear that you're considering joining the DIRECTV family. If you join us, we're confident that you'll enjoy DIRECTV service and all of the customer benefits that come with it.

In regards to your question about FSN in HD, I'm sorry to say that we are currently not offering RSNs in HD. However, we’re in the process of expanding our HD offerings to include RSNs in many cities, but we are not yet able to offer local sports programming in HD in every city yet. As we gain more capability to broaden our RSN in HD coverage, we will do so and expect to continue expansion of these HD offerings in 2007.
Unquote.

Therefore I am hoping Dish will carry some HD content on the RSN

According to Scott G., the RSN's should be available in a few weeks. Now if we only knew which 10 or 11 RSN's will be HD........C'mon Fox Sportsnet North. Even my dog is licking his chops on this one. :)

Last edited:
Ripper said:
Friend of mine was looking into D* for RSN in HD. They won't have it:
Quote:
Thanks for writing us back. I'm excited to hear that you're considering joining the DIRECTV family. If you join us, we're confident that you'll enjoy DIRECTV service and all of the customer benefits that come with it.

In regards to your question about FSN in HD, I'm sorry to say that we are currently not offering RSNs in HD. However, we’re in the process of expanding our HD offerings to include RSNs in many cities, but we are not yet able to offer local sports programming in HD in every city yet. As we gain more capability to broaden our RSN in HD coverage, we will do so and expect to continue expansion of these HD offerings in 2007.
Unquote.

Therefore I am hoping Dish will carry some HD content on the RSN

Actually, that rep for D* misspoke. There were at least 8 LA Kings games shown on channel 95 on D*'s service that were FSNHD broadcasts (logo in the corner, FSN announcers, etc). I watched a few of them. Time Warner cable also showed them. I have written to E* and talked to them several times about carrying that the RSN's in HD so if they are finally going to do it, that would be friggin sweet!

guffy1 said:
Cant he just go with Bronze and the 5.99$ sports package to get his local RSN?

I already tried that and its a no can do . :)

You have to to have the silver package to get the sports package but the weird thing is the silver package comes with the majority of the sports package channels already included . So for me who only wanted my rsn and nbatv it was just too much .I will just wait til Oct. order my league pass get nbatv for free during the season and bump up to silver for the winter .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)