No Guide?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
Is the guide down? Haven't had it in two days, wife is getting antsy. Rebooted yesterday with no results. Go to G1, TP3, hit guide, it says processing your request with an off and on kinda fading audio static.

Mine's been out going on a week now :(.

I figure it's something to do with the G1R ---> G15 move since my signal was marginal as it was. Now G1 tiles badly on Starz channels and I don't have a guide.

I just reloaded mine less than an hour ago (2/16 approx 4:30 PST) and it did so without any problems.

SD

I don't know if the guide is down or not. Since I didn't renew my programming last year and switched all my subscription channels to Dish, my guide disappeared as expected. I just love the 942 dvr, the ability to watch different programming on different televsions at the same time, HDnet, ESPN HD, and Voom HD. Also since I switched to Dish, the C/Ku dish is available 24/7 for FTA skyscanning.

guide

My guide was only partially downloading for about a week. So here is what i did and it helped my DSR-905.

Since you may have a partial guide, you should purge it by going to options

That gets you to diagnostics screen, now go to diagnostics "F" by using the
right or left arrow keys, now press "info" ,this will purge the ram.

Now press the guide key, then press options 6,0,5 and go to diagnostics "F"

Looking at the top two lines you will see two lines of zeros, stay on this
screen until you see three columns change. The guide will continue
downloading as long as you stay on this screen.

Each zero represents a different day of the week.

The third line down directly under the "d:" is the amount of available ram,
you can watch this number decrease as the guide downloads and it always
stops in the forties.

Directly to the right at the end of line three you can see elapsed time

This took about 25 minutes until my receiver filled its onboard RAM.

I had about 5 days of channel guide info after this.

Guide is on here Jim

Diamond Jim said:
Is the guide down? Haven't had it in two days, wife is getting antsy. Rebooted yesterday with no results. Go to G1, TP3, hit guide, it says processing your request with an off and on kinda fading audio static.

Not had any trouble on this end with the IPG....wonder what is up with that!
jeff

I've been getting the guide without difficulties but I did notice that the signal quality dropped from about 50 to about 25 this week on transponder 3 that sends it. It also sends the western channel and several others. Beats me what is going on. HBO did not lose any signal quality. If you can't get a digicipher lock on channel 3 you won't be able to download the guide.

truckracer said:
My guide was only partially downloading for about a week. So here is what i did and it helped my DSR-905.

Truck,

Will this work on the 922? I have been sitting here for about 20 minutes and all I have seen move is a column on the far right, 2nd and 3rd line change from 00:01 to 00:06. Am I on the right track?

Okay guys, this is what I did. I called NPS and talked to Claudia (she sounded fine) and she ask me if the DC light on the front of the 922 was on. It wasn't. She told me that the dish wasn't zeroed in on the satellite and to fine tune it until I got the light on and then she would give me a re hit. I messed with it for few minutes and the light came, I called Claudia back and she did a re hit, told me to wait about 25 minutes and it should come up, it took about 3 minutes. Put another one our list for guide downloading.

Thanks for all of your replies. It great to know that there are a fine bunch of guys that you can depend on. Thanks again.:up

Just takes a little on G1

Diamond Jim said:
Okay guys, this is what I did. I called NPS and talked to Claudia (she sounded fine) and she ask me if the DC light on the front of the 922 was on. It wasn't. She told me that the dish wasn't zeroed in on the satellite and to fine tune it until I got the light on and then she would give me a re hit. I messed with it for few minutes and the light came, I called Claudia back and she did a re hit, told me to wait about 25 minutes and it should come up, it took about 3 minutes. Put another one our list for guide downloading.

Thanks for all of your replies. It great to know that there are a fine bunch of guys that you can depend on. Thanks again.:up

I had the same thing happen when the guide moved from G0...took a little tweeking but there it was! I hope G15 is stronger (G1 is getting really old!)
Jeff

yep...

Diamond Jim said:
Yea, F3 was the "Big Bird" of that era and everything moved to G1. Man that seems like yesterday.

Hey Jim:
If I remember the FULL name was SATCOM F3...Damn, I am getting old! Feel like my BUD was mounted on a covered wagon!!!

BTW: If it seems like yesterday.....watch what you might be drinking! :D

Jeff

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)