No Hack Talk!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Please note this forum is for the discussion of Free to Air (FTA) signals that are unencrypted.

We do not tolerate nor allow posts that relate to the illegal theft of encrypted (scrambled) signals.

Any post that either questions or has info on the illegal theft of signals (also known as hacking) will be deleted. Also, your IP address will be forwarded to Dish Network, along with the e-mail address.

bottom line....let's make it fun....and NO HACK TALK!!!!

Berg

The danger of allowing "Hack Talk" is that we could face some new laws or reinterpretation of present law that could severely hurt our hobby. There is one Senator that is trying to do just that. There are those out there that would like to have a law that says we have to have permission for everything we watch. The satellite home viewers law that guards our rights could be amended or repealed. I had a talk with the security folks at Dish Network at their annual dealer's meeting and I was told that by the end of the year they will have a handle of hacks and will probably issue a new card which will work. It was quite amazing, Dish had a table with a bunch of the tools the signal thief's use. They are on top of what is going on.

As Gary Bourgeois one said, "if you lay down with dogs you get fleas". As Iceberg says, NO HACK TALK, we are the ones that will loose.

Access cards are a stupid idea anyway.

The smartest thing satellite providers can do is lose the cards and go to an encrypted bitcode access that is controlled soley through the sat feed itself with a checksum and marry to the unique receiver ID.

There is enough bandwidth that even if each receiver had a 5,000 byte access code, providers could use 1 transponder to broadcast all of the access data and the receiver could update a couple times an hour if needed and could be changed in a matter of moments.

It would be very difficult to crack if encoded. You take the vulnerability of the access card out of the loop.

IMHO - There has to be a better way than cards.

I just spoke with a contact at Dish, and from what I understand they will be making some changes to their data stream in the next few weeks which will make recievers like the Pansat and Blackbird useless.

I suspect the only hack talk we might see in the future is messages of "Remember when..." :D

Go Dish!

Good for Dish!

ExpressVu is starting to do that...If you want to get NFLST through them, you will get a new card. Then they'll probably go to the people who have NHL CI, then the movie channels, and then finally everyone else.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts