No IR on 721

ken

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
I have tried to use a couple of IR remotes to control my 721. IR only DISH remotes as well as a universal remote that say they will work with the newer DISH receivers. Does the 721 have IR receiver turned on all of the time or is a change needed for it to work.

The 721 does respond to IR remote commands. I suspect that the remote address on your IR remote is different from the address your 721 is using.

You can check what address the 721 is set for in the System Information screen (Menu-System Setup-System Info). The universal remote is most likely sending address 1. Instructions for finding out which address the Dish remote is set for should be found in chapter 3 of the manual for the receiver it came with (available online at the DishNetwork website).

As Kent said you need to make sure that address 1 is being used by the 721.

As an FYI, you can use other adresses if you have an IR learning remoote but the other remote will need to learn ALL the 721 remote functions. For most people that really isn't practical (or necessary) but I set one up just to see if it would work (and make sure that the learning remote had enough memory to do that).

Thanks guys, I knew that the RF had an address change but did not know the IR needed an address change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)