No joy in SG 2100 land.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Greysquirrel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
When I came into the hobby I had no delusions that it was a plug and play or even a user friendly hobby, just like any hobby whether it be collecting antiques or matchbox cars or building models or whatever I expected to have to put in the time and effort to feel fulfilled in doing it.
That said, I did think that new equipment right out of the box would last more than a few weeks without a problem, guess I was wrong.

My SG 2100 will not move past zero going east, it seems to be at its limit according to the led message, this could be from the limit slide being loose and moving and that I could fix without too much a problem or worst case scenario it is internal and I will have to send it to DMS, I will phone them later and see what they think.
It does go west with no problem but when you ask it to Go To 0 it lands just one mark west of zero.
If anyone has any suggestion I would appreciate them.
Just did another reset and held the buttons in hard and the led blinked 15 times and then went out, that seems to have fixed it as of this point in time, we will wait and see what happens.
I think when I reset it before I may not have held both buttons in all the way while I turned on the power but I think the failed resets I did can be put down to operator error.
Anyone have any idea why this would happen and I had to reset the motor?

Last edited:
Mine swung all the way west and would not go east, Theres a reset button in the motor next to the LED light. You need to insert a paper clip into it. I used the manual button on the motor to move it back to 0 degrees then I reset it and alls well, hope this helps you.

My first SG2100 did something similar, I could motor in one direction but then it would refuse to go in the other direction. Got a replacement from the vendor and this one has been perfect for 6 months so far, no complaints.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)