no ku picture

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hrvata

Original poster
Jan 14, 2007
Hi:

I'm hrvata, new to the forum. It looks like the place I might find some help. I have a 7.5 ' mesh dish and a Motorola 4DTV receiver. Recently, I upgraded to a Corotor II+ feedhorn and Cband and Ku band LNB's. My scaler ring settings are correct as well as the f/d settings. The on-screen menu shows signals for the ku channels etc. In fact, I disconnected the Ku cable with an 80 signal and it dropped down to 10, which I think shows me there is a signal. Does anyone have any suggestions and thanx in advance for any information.

hrvata

Your dish may need to be aligned, you can get C-band and not get any Ku-band if the dish is off a touch.

You can try X4-603 same location as G4. G4-17 should come in nice and clear on C-band and when you program X4 in the same place try bumping the dish east and west slowly and see if you get a digital lock.

If you can't get Ku at all the you will want to go here:
http://www.geo-orbit.org/sizepgs/tuningp2.html

Check the Dish Settings Menu and make sure you have set the correct LNB Type. It should be "C-Band and Ku-Band LNBs".

You didn't mention if this was a new installation or just adding Ku band so I'll try to hit some basics. Is the green DC light on? If not, you're not receiving DCII signals to decode. Did you try and go to G1-3, turn it off and let it sit overnight? Maybe it needs to remap for the Ku satellites. With a signal indicated, did you adjust the skew and see if the readings changed? That would indicate if you were really receiving a signal. What channel are you trying to receive? Did you get the guide on the screen and then tried to select a channel and nothing happened? If not, you may need a rehit or reauthorization. Good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts