This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

No Land Line

kenosha

Original poster
Apr 30, 2008
I am being installed tomorrow. On the confirmation email from dish they said let your installer know if there is no phoneline available so you are not charged a surcharge. What do they do if there is no landline phone available?

I just ordered dish network.....i think the lady on the phone said the equipment i would recieve will be a vip722.....
If no landline is available and you do not plug in your receiver to broadband, then you will be charged a $5 monthly fee.

Last edited:
This is the first time I ever heard of Dish Network waiving additional receiver fees without a phone line hooked in. This seems interesting.

I've had a phone line attached to my 722 since I got it activated. So what happens if I disconnect the phone line now? Will Dish know and charge me an extra $5.00 on my next statement?

I've had a phone line attached to my 722 since I got it activated. So what happens if I disconnect the phone line now? Will Dish know and charge me an extra $5.00 on my next statement?
Yes, shortly after you disconnect the phoneline (within a day or two) you will begin getting messages that you need to hook it up to a phone line.

You could also hook it up to an ethernet jack if you have High speed internet and that will also waive the fee.

Geoff

i assume they want the phone hook-up so they can see if you have your STB at a different home (which seems only fair)

BUT

how does the broadband connection do this? IP address should/could be the same if the other home has the same ISP no?

You will be a 5.00 charge per receiver if your not connected to phone line or a broadband connection. there is no way ever around this fee.

You will be a 5.00 charge per receiver if your not connected to phone line or a broadband connection. there is no way ever around this fee.

I have both a 722 and a 322 and only the 722 has a phone line. Upon ordering, I was informed that they would waive the no phone line fee.

So, they will waive the fee, but you have to negotiate it.

The only receivers with $ 5.00 no phone charge fee are the 510 and all double tunners(322,522,625,612,622,722)

I have both a 722 and a 322 and only the 722 has a phone line. Upon ordering, I was informed that they would waive the no phone line fee.

So, they will waive the fee, but you have to negotiate it.

This is the first time I ever heard DN had waive the no phone charge fee to anyone, and I have 4 years as a Tech(contractor) with them.

This is the first time I ever heard DN had waive the no phone charge fee to anyone, and I have 4 years as a Tech(contractor) with them.

When upgrading to a 722, I asked the CSR about this fee and she waived it for me. :up