no line of sight - lazy installer or ??

There are a small percentage of contract techs who will blow of difficult jobs in favor of easy ones..
How do they know the next job or the one after that will be "easy" though ?? They blow off too many jobs, they don't get paid for the day....
I have heard stories form techs employed by other contractors of how they walk out of their office with 5-6 or 7 jobs...far more than can be completed in a normal work day.
Moral of the story to customers then is ask for the 8-12am installation time slot, right ?? :) At least that way there's no jobs ahead of you. Heh, I try and do the same with doctor or dentist appointments ! Schedule them either first thing in the morning or first appt after the office takes lunch.

How do they know the next job or the one after that will be "easy" though ?? They blow off too many jobs, they don't get paid for the day.... Moral of the story to customers then is ask for the 8-12am installation time slot, right ?? :) At least that way there's no jobs ahead of you. Heh, I try and do the same with doctor or dentist appointments ! Schedule them either first thing in the morning or first appt after the office takes lunch.

It's pretty easy to tell what installs are going to be the easy ones. Truth of the matter is this...unless it's out in the country or the sticks, most 2-room installs nowdays are gonna be a cake walk. One...if not both of the rooms will have some form of coaxial cable. Even if it's RG-59. The way the dual-tuners are designed nowdays, a tech can easily centrally locate the receiver and just give the customer two UHF remotes and use the existing 59 cable as an output; that's a worst case scenario

How do they know the next job or the one after that will be "easy" though ?? They blow off too many jobs, they don't get paid for the day.... Moral of the story to customers then is ask for the 8-12am installation time slot, right ?? :) At least that way there's no jobs ahead of you. Heh, I try and do the same with doctor or dentist appointments ! Schedule them either first thing in the morning or first appt after the office takes lunch.
Yes, one would believe a customer would stand a better chance of getting their job done if Scheduled in the AM..However that is not always true..Just remeber that 7 of evry 10 techs is most likely overloaded with work just about every day...That's mno tsay ALL...My empooyer does not do this...WE get as many jobs as we can handle..No more..Techs can request as much work as they wish but must complete all they take..If techs are found to be not getting their work done, they are given less..We basically do not allow reschedules for"I don't have time"...If a tech runs into an issue and gets stuck on a job, that's a legit reason for missing other jobs..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)