No Local Channels Richmond VA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

darkcharm73

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I live in Richmond, VA and these morning my locals channels played fine. I come home from work, not local channels.

Called D* and after three transfers I received locals on my bedroom receive (Hughes Director's Pack), but in my living room (Dtv Tivo unit) no local channels. So after 3 more tranfers, up to six, I still don't not have local channels.

They explained to me that the local channels moved satellites today, but if i can receive locals on one receiver, the cheaper of the two, why not but. No one seem knowledgeable to give adequate tech support on my TiVo unit.

After this experience, and some previous bumps with service, I am leaving D*.

Is anyone elso local channeless on their TIVO unit? Do anybody have a remedy?

Dark

darkcharm73 said:
I live in Richmond, VA and these morning my locals channels played fine. I come home from work, not local channels.

Called D* and after three transfers I received locals on my bedroom receive (Hughes Director's Pack), but in my living room (Dtv Tivo unit) no local channels. So after 3 more tranfers, up to six, I still don't not have local channels.

They explained to me that the local channels moved satellites today, but if i can receive locals on one receiver, the cheaper of the two, why not but. No one seem knowledgeable to give adequate tech support on my TiVo unit.

After this experience, and some previous bumps with service, I am leaving D*.

Is anyone elso local channeless on their TIVO unit? Do anybody have a remedy?

Dark

It sounds like you don't have the Oval 3 Dish selected in the setup menu. This would keep you from getting the locals if the TiVo doesn't know to look for the channels on the other satellite.

Thanks for that suggestion, I finally got someone in technical support willing to help, and sure enough the oval dish option wasn't selected, even though I have an oval dish. That still didn't fix the problem. According to the rep my problem was very common and it requires a visit from a technician. The earliest day I could get was Sept 11.

Good bye D*.

darkcharm73 said:
Thanks for that suggestion, I finally got someone in technical support willing to help, and sure enough the oval dish option wasn't selected, even though I have an oval dish. That still didn't fix the problem. According to the rep my problem was very common and it requires a visit from a technician. The earliest day I could get was Sept 11.

Good bye D*.
If you don't have line of site for #119 you will not get local channels. So if you have talls trees or something else and you dish cannot be relocated you will not get them.

Have you tried the old "Restart" methods? Whenever my locals used to go out on my Tivo, all I head to do was restart it.

grydlok said:
If you don't have line of site for #119 you will not get local channels. So if you have talls trees or something else and you dish cannot be relocated you will not get them.

If he's not treed out on his other receivers, he won't be treed out on the TiVo either.

The earliest day I could get was Sept 11.

We can do better then that. when im setting up service calls and the next available date is far away like that i can put it in as a "escalation". See if you can have them do that, if they wont(or dont know how), request a sup. Sept 11 is WAY too long.

Mainstreet said:
If he's not treed out on his other receivers, he won't be treed out on the TiVo either.

Somebody f'em and didn't remove that old switch when they installed his Dvr.

I just went to fix that problem yesterday.

Directv was featured on one of the local news channels and it seems like several
customers are have the same problem I am having. I think D* royally dropped the ball. I think we should have received info prior to the satellite switch, especially customers with the wrong dish.

I just want to shared that bit, I feel better knowing D* dirty little mess was aired on TV.

I just cancelled my Direct TV... will miss Olympics

due to the fact the Direct TV was negligent in notifying me of my upgrade (receiver and dish) needs... DTV told me they sent a letter but none was received, nothing in bill statement, no online flashes.. unlike their anti-sat tax mantras)...

September was the earliest time for upgrade EVEN with supervisory escalation... he basically told me that it was MY fault for not upgrading... but the fool couldn't tell me when this so-called letter was sent... not why better due diligence was done to serve their customers... now, no Olympics...

Good-bye, Direct TV :( .... I've been a customer since 1999... next week, I become a new DISH customer :yes ... and they're giving me some transfer incentives AND a 4-day installation time... sure beats the month upgrade time for DTV... JERKS!! :mad:

Just wish there was a smiley with a flipped bird... :clap

Upgrade notification

Ya know, you people are the ones that I WISH that I could take a call from at work. I really get tired of people asking to get something for nothing when other customers deserve it.

I really hate the way that different departments and differently trained reps have only part of the information and abilities available. I've been trained and have info available for every department that DTV has... including Account Managements and Financial Operations ( the 2 departments that have the most power with DTV ).

The notification for local channel upgrade was sent in June and July statements, over 2 million calls were made, and a message stating to call customer service for L-12 was broadcast on each " local into local " new market area.
If the earliest date available is too far out, a service called "ND" (no acceptable date) can be set up, much less with me being a resolution spec, I could have called the local install office to see if it would be possible to squeeze in one more work order.

As per the Tivo locals problem, it was just that... the service being switched and the tivo software didn't know how to deal with it. A simple "multi-sat setup" and reboot would have fixed the problem... if not, then there are MANY more steps that can be taken.

It's a sad day when I say that I must be the most highly qualified person that works for DTV.

PLEASE!!! I HATE TO SEE DIS-SATISFIED CUSTOMERS!!! IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS... OR NEED ANYTHING...... CONTACT ME !!!!!

Your Friendly DTV Res Spec
white_knight_2010@yahoo.com

directvrep said:
Ya know, you people are the ones that I WISH that I could take a call from at work. I really get tired of people asking to get something for nothing when other customers deserve it.

I really hate the way that different departments and differently trained reps have only part of the information and abilities available. I've been trained and have info available for every department that DTV has... including Account Managements and Financial Operations ( the 2 departments that have the most power with DTV ).

The notification for local channel upgrade was sent in June and July statements, over 2 million calls were made, and a message stating to call customer service for L-12 was broadcast on each " local into local " new market area.
If the earliest date available is too far out, a service called "ND" (no acceptable date) can be set up, much less with me being a resolution spec, I could have called the local install office to see if it would be possible to squeeze in one more work order.

As per the Tivo locals problem, it was just that... the service being switched and the tivo software didn't know how to deal with it. A simple "multi-sat setup" and reboot would have fixed the problem... if not, then there are MANY more steps that can be taken.

It's a sad day when I say that I must be the most highly qualified person that works for DTV.

PLEASE!!! I HATE TO SEE DIS-SATISFIED CUSTOMERS!!! IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS... OR NEED ANYTHING...... CONTACT ME !!!!!

Your Friendly DTV Res Spec
white_knight_2010@yahoo.com

You must be, because I am getting tired of being cursed out by custermers who talk to a CSR that didn't explain to them the whole issue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts