No local Channels...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ankspatel

Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
No local Channels...please help!

So I had my dishes installed a few years ago and they did a horrible job. They're on my roof, but the installers didn't mount the screws into the roofing frame, only into the plywood, and then they also didn't seal around the screws. So in short the dishes were at the point where they were about to fall off because the wood was rotten and couldn't hold them. I went up and re-mounted them properly but I can't get my local channels.

I was wondering if someone could give me a few ideas on how to re-point my dish. I've tried myself, but when I acquire a really strong signal (90-105) on 119, I can't find 110 at all. I keep getting a message of "wrong sat" on the most of transponders for 110. Then when I readjust everything and lock into 110, then I can't get 119. Basically I can get one and not the other.

My set up is:
Dish 500 with a twin LNBF for 119 & 110
Dish 500 with a dual (I think) LNBF for 61.5
Then a SW21 to connect the two feeds into one which then goes to my one receiver.

I live in Maryland with a zip code of 20866.

Thanks for the help

--anks

The dish 500 should be set at 30 degree and skew at 126. The one pointed at 61.5 should be set at 42 degrees. I dont know where you are getting your locals from but if they are on the 61.5 you will need to align that one also.

First make sure that the mast is plumb both N-S and E-W then take the cable going to the 119 side of the twin and use that one to find and peak the 119. Then hook it back up to the SW21 and run switch test. you should bee good to go. The screen at the bottom must be green when you peak the 119 and should say 119. Hope this helps you out

I get my locals from the 110 on the dish 500. I'm going to try to by-pass the sw21 and see if I can get both 119 and 110 to lock. But I have a feeling something might be wrong with my twin LNBF...possibly one of the eyes are dead??? I just can't figure out why I can get 119 and not 110 and then vise versa, 110 but not 119.

You're just 9 degrees off is all - and maybe need a Check Switch. :)

Cover the 110 "eye" with tinfoil. Adjust the dish so you lock in on 119. Remove tinfoil, run Check Switch. Sit down with beverage while watching TV.

Good idea to bypass the SW21 while you're doing this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)