No locals on oval phase 3 w D12-100

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I give up! Covered ease/west and was able to get nothing. Reset settings and found that it is the west lnb which is getting the 101.
If your tilt is set as close as you can eyeball to 34.2, you should have picked up the other slots (assuming that the LNB assembly hasn't partially failed).

Anything that is over 27' in height + the height of the mast at a distance of 40' (40 x tan 34.2) could be partially blocking the signal. Moving the dish a couple of feet to the East might help if the tree doesn't have friends.

Any way to test an LNB ASSY? I just cut down another tree (I'm obsessed) just to the west of the current line of sight. Looks just 'that much' clearer now, but not perfect - that one curved bare 12" tall tree (trunk) is still in the way but the tree I just took down was just to the west and behind that 12" big boy (been cutting all of these trees down with a hand saw). So now, with the 101 coming in good, and the skew set at 70, do I just try swinging the azi slightly more to the west?

I don't think there is an end-user method for testing outside of swapping with a known good unit and see if your luck changes. If the failure is moisture related, you might see condensation on a lens.

If 101W is coming in good, on the west feed horn, all you can do is move the whole setup east until 119W comes in. I can't, in good conscience, recommend clear-cutting everything to the southwest.

Reactions: dcavaiani
How about this: I dropped the anchor mast from the tree by about 4 feet - it is now 5 feet from the ground. Now I still get the about the same 101, still get all 0's for the 110 BUT NOW I get a 53 for the TP #23 on 119, and 0's for all the other 9! I am actually watching the locals now and the other channels work too! The local signal fades a bit now and then, how can I fine tune it now ? THANK YOU!

The local signal fades a bit now and then, how can I fine tune it now ?
You're still not "out of the woods" yet. Something is still in the way.

Understand that satellite signals penetrate pretty much nothing. No leaves, needles, tree trunks or branches -- not even glass in most cases.

Transponder 23 on 119 is where your locals from Green Bay are. Try this: Press gently on the back of the dish on all four "corners" one at a time and watch the signal strength meter to see how it affects the numbers. If they go down, not up, then do it on the front. That will indicate which direction the dish needs to be tweaked in order to raise the numbers.

The elevation of the 119 is much lower than the 101... when you get the 101 peaked and had some signal on the 110 you probably have the dish lined properly. Cut more trees to the right of where you already cut..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)