No Manual PID Available With The Linkbox 9000i

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Christopher Cromwell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Lexington, KY.
I'm still Blind Scanning channels off of my motorized Ku Dish with the Linkbox 9000i. Blindscanning the whole Ku Satellite Arc can take a full day for me, so I usually don't do it often.

On 103W Ku, there's one particular muzik audio service where you are required to hand enter each Audio PID number in order for the music channels to work. On all of my other FTA receivers this is no problem, just time consuming.

The bad news with the Linkbox 9000i, there is no way to hand enter any PID info on a TP; not even to create new audio/video channels for a TP. I went though all the menu settings and buttons on the remote, there is no option to enter PID numbers separately. The PID'S that come off a blind scan are all that you get, your not able to change a PID or make new ones. :-(

I called up Linkbox Technical Support and tried my best to suggest to the Korean Linkbox Engineer, to create a menu that would allow us to hand enter PID information with the next update. My suggestion went way past over his head, it was if I was describing the inner workings of a Warp Drive! :-/ :-\ So I guess that means they are going to keep things simple as they are, and not let us enter PID info directly to the receiver.

The only solution left would be to use the Linkbox ALI Editor program to hand enter in the PID info; and load it to the Linkbox with a USB Flashdrive. Either that, or I could hook back up my Manhattan 1997 receiver to get the music channels again that way. :)

I still do not have one in my hands, but according to the specs it does have Manual PID.

Go to TP List and search > select the transponder > Blue button to scan > Then change it to Manual Entry and enter whatever you need.

Or did I misunderstand something?

Oh, ok. Let me try that! Like you said there was no mention about it in the user manual and I didn't see any color button to press on the screen to change the scan type to manual. Maybe it's me not digging quite far enough into it. :)

I don't believe the User's Guide tells you how to do it...but the above works.(The default TP Scan is Auto unless you change it to Manual) ;)

Oh!!! Ok, I see it now! Thank you! :-D I did go into TP List & Search before, but just never got up to the PID Scan line to see if I could change it. I just figured it was set to one thing only.

Ok, so you *CAN* enter manual PID'S actually with this receiver! :) That will save me from having to hook up the Manhattan receiver.

On the bottom of TP List & Search screen: Red is edit.Green is Add.Yellow is Delete.Blue is Scan Start.Hit corresponding color on the remote.

You might not can see that far down,depending on the resolution.

LOL...you keep searching and you may actually find something wrong with that excellent receiver one day.

Glad to be of some assistance. :bigok

Yes! I'm now at the part of the dark box where I can manually enter PID'S! Thank you for thinking outside the box to actually maneuver around enough to find that out. I'm usually pretty good at doing the same thing with these receivers. Yes, I might one day accidently press a couple of buttons together on the remote to bring up the Blue Screen Of Death; written by Dan. :-(

Go to TP List and search > select the transponder > Blue button to scan > Then change it to Manual Entry and enter whatever you need.

Or did I misunderstand something?

I've done that, but it's not the same as having the ability to manually enter a channel. With my old receiver, I could enter the channel name, frequency, polarity and PID info and save it, and the next time you went to that satellite, it would pop right in. It's handy when one of more channels in a MUX won't come in because the data is wrong. All you can do it re-scan the transponder, and if it doesn't find the channel, you're screwed.

Take Pursuit for example. It did not scan in the HD channel and the SD channel isn't working. It has signal, but the PPID is incorrect and it won't let you correct it, and it will not allow you to manually enter the channel name, PID, frequency and polarity for the HD channel, therefore you can't get it if it fails to scan in. I'm a bit disappointed that a $50 V8 Golden has this ability when a $150 receiver doesn't. I watched the Pursuit channel a lot. Now, I can't get either one.

OK, so when Casey from hypermegasat reviewed this box, he couldn't blind scan HD pursuit either.
He got it on a tansponder scan

I have five boxes since 2004, and none have manual pid entry

Take fifteen minutes and use your channel editor to get the pursuit channels

OK, so when Casey from hypermegasat reviewed this box, he couldn't blind scan HD pursuit either.
He got it on a tansponder scan

I have five boxes since 2004, and none have manual pid entry

Take fifteen minutes and use your channel editor to get the pursuit channels

I did a transponder scan three times and it did not detect it. Just for grins and giggles, I hooked up my old V8 Golden, went into the manual channel entry menu, added all the information, and it popped right in. I also edited the PID info on the SD channel, and it works now. This receiver gives the option to name the channel, enter the frequency, polarity, symbol rate and PID info.

I was just curious about manual channel entry on this receiver as I found nothing in the owner's manual that indicated you can do that. Other than these 2 channels, I have had no problem locating the other channels I was receiving with the old receiver, but it does make you wonder how many other channels that are not showing up. It seems that updates to available channel list are a bit slow coming. Most of the info I use comes from this website from users that are constantly re-scanning to see up there.

I used to do that quite often, but as you know, a lot of channels are not named on a re-scan and you end up editing the channel name so you know what you're looking at. :)

Sorry you haven't got it working with the linkbox. From post 10, it appears that the OP got it to work on 103 music channels. I'm sure there must be a way. The linkbox is the new name for Pansat and they made good quality boxes with many years of experience in Fta. I think you have to add TP first, then save and go back in to edit. Don't have box to test on.

Have a look at the great video post by KE4EST last night. It is for an Amiko but explains things well which would be similar for many receivers. Hopefully, there is just something small you may have overlooked.

Good Luck, Catamount

Reactions: KE4EST
Sorry you haven't got it working with the linkbox. From post 10, it appears that the OP got it to work on 103 music channels. I'm sure there must be a way. The linkbox is the new name for Pansat and they made good quality boxes with many years of experience in Fta. I think you have to add TP first, then save and go back in to edit. Don't have box to test on.

Have a look at the great video post by KE4EST last night. It is for an Amiko but explains things well which would be similar for many receivers. Hopefully, there is just something small you may have overlooked.

Good Luck, Catamount

When I try to add a TP, it comes up and says it already there, but when you use the TP already in the list and add the PID information, it comes up "failed." I deleted the TP, re-entered it using the frequency, polarity and symbol rate, and then edited the PID information, it still says "failed." I used the exact same information with my old receiver, stored the channel and it came right on.

I'll keep playing with it and maybe I'll get lucky and get it to work. I really like the receiver. It's easy to program, has nice menus and has a fast blind and standard scan. I figured it was a Pansat remake since I got an extra remote and it had Pansat written on it. I noticed the UHF remote kit is also Pansat. the remotes are a different color and the buttons are arranged differently, but it does work.

I've never had much luck with the IP TV channels either, but I know it's not the receiver's fault. A lot of the links are dead and on occasion, I get CBS and a couple of the Russian channels to come in. The YouTube feature is OK, but when there are multiple episodes of a program inside a folder, It won't open the folder so you can play the videos. It could be something I'm doing wrong.

All in all, it's a nice receiver, but I wish they would include a manual channel entry menu in one of their updates. It would make things a whole lot simpler for the stubborn channels like Pursuit. :)

Reactions: catamount
When I try to add a TP, it comes up and says it already there, but when you use the TP already in the list and add the PID information, it comes up "failed." I deleted the TP, re-entered it using the frequency, polarity and symbol rate, and then edited the PID information, it still says "failed." I used the exact same information with my old receiver, stored the channel and it came right on.

I'll keep playing with it and maybe I'll get lucky and get it to work. I really like the receiver. It's easy to program, has nice menus and has a fast blind and standard scan. I figured it was a Pansat remake since I got an extra remote and it had Pansat written on it. I noticed the UHF remote kit is also Pansat. the remotes are a different color and the buttons are arranged differently, but it does work.

I've never had much luck with the IP TV channels either, but I know it's not the receiver's fault. A lot of the links are dead and on occasion, I get CBS and a couple of the Russian channels to come in. The YouTube feature is OK, but when there are multiple episodes of a program inside a folder, It won't open the folder so you can play the videos. It could be something I'm doing wrong.

All in all, it's a nice receiver, but I wish they would include a manual channel entry menu in one of their updates. It would make things a whole lot simpler for the stubborn channels like Pursuit. :)

UPDATE: I sent an email to the company explaining in detail about the manual channel entry menu that would be a big help if it was added to the features of this receiver. I haven't heard back from them yet and I'll post the reply if and when I get one. This is a feature all FTA receivers need. It could save a lot of trial and error. I've never been told to kiss someone's A$$ in Korean, so this may be a first. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)