no more 3ABN on Sky Angel?

jbmiller

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2005
eau claire,wisconsin
i'm missing channels on skyangel transponder 32. i looked at the signal strength its dead. anybody else having problems ????
thanks and god bless
john

Actually ours went out around 7:45 pm in the middle of a program. Same here, transponder 32 signal strength is dead, transponder 25 is fine.

I'm assuming this is why I haven't been able to get channel 9710, or 3ABN. At first, several channels, including 3ABN were out, now I still can't receive 3ABN, but all the other channels are back up.

DB

kountzer

here are some notes about the transponder going out... from www.dishchannelchart.com

4/15/06

TRANSPONDER 32 ON 61.5 (SKY ANGEL SERVICE) HAS BEEN UP AND DOWN SEVERAL TIMES SINCE LAST NIGHT. AS I TYPE THIS, TP32 IS BACK UP AND WORKING, HOWEVER 9706 (SPRT), 9710 (3ABN), and 9715 (EAGLE) ARE NOT AVAILABLE as of 1530 MST

It's a problem with E3 (the satellite at 61.5 that Skyangel is located on)

This is what SpiritTelevision posted on their website:

"Bulletin: No, the problem is not with your TV. SPIRIT Television is alive and well.
Unfortunately, a problem with a transponder aboard one of Echostar's satellites (beyond our control) is preventing you from being able to watch SPIRIT at this time.
We've been assured that this problem will be resolved by Echostar shortly. Thanks for your patience."

Looks like E3 is having a mood swing!

Here is the lastest development:

Spirit TV (9706), 3 Angels Broadcasting Network(9710) and Golden Eagle Broadcasting have been temporarily removed from the system. (ANON) Two days ago there was a problem with transponder 32 at 61.5. The current "fix" does not allow for these three channels to be included. 3ABN, Spirit TV and Sky Angel web sites all state that there is a "technical problem" and are working to get it resolved. The listings will remain on the chart, but the sat info has been removed.

See ya
Tony

and apperently we know who skyangel likes more (Hallmark and Fox News Channel) they apperently do not want to cater to Christians anymore, heck they could easly bump their angel two channel temporarly to allow Spirit to broadcast. (its uplinked to the Transponder 32 so it would be very easy for Echostar to make the swap)

Last edited:
My suggestion would be to temporarily broadcast Spirit during the hours Worship.net is carried on any other station. Since SA* already has a 24/7 feed, Worship.net would not be missed.

I have to admit, however, especially with Spirit being a SA* exclusive service, I would think they'd dump something non-exclusive (such as Angel Two / CTN).

I agree with MikeCTM2. If they have a choice, take away a secular channel.
I've only had Sky Angel a year. The first half year I was very impressed. I still have the "new" secular channels blocked just because I do not want to see or hear them. That was the reason I chose to subsribe to Sky Angel I thought it was all Christian, family-friendly, worry-free TV. Fox News Channel is a joke and I do not like their way of presenting topics. I don't trust Hallmark or the Home & Garden. Even if the content is acceptable, which I question, the commercials are not. Don't get me wrong, I love Sky Angel and compared to secular television I know Sky Angel is great. I was just a little baffled by the quick change.

Might we say "An enemy hath done this?"

Since subscribing to Sky Angel, Christian stations have been dropped (the gospel singing channel was wonderful but now gone) and secular stations added -- all without approval of the subscribers. So now we have CNN, Home Improvement, and Hallmark while Christian stations are dropping one by one or two by two. There are other Christian stations that would like to be added besides the ones that Sky Angel has already dropped, so why not add these channels? Did we subscribe to see secular advertisements and O'Reilly's comments? Who is in charge of Sky Angel? Sky Devil?

Mike, all the changes were suggested by the "Viewed Advisory Board" at Sky Angel. The changes were not made lightly. There was lively discussion, but the concensus was that along with the religious programs, Sky Angel Subscribers wanted news and movies that were not available from the religious community. Fox News (not CNN) was chosen mostly for political reasons. Hallmark (which was once the "Faith and Values Network" and still shows these programs on Sunday) was also chosen due to its family-friendly programming. And Halmark Movie Channel was the movie channel most viewers involved seemed to want.

So these channels (which are among the most popular on SA now) were not just added willy-nilly.

If you want to get involved with the Sky Angel Viewer Advisory Board, get your SA account numer and go to this web site: http://www.skyangel.com/Contact/Requestadvisoryboard.asp?Ids=00318F-1E27FB0

See ya
Tony

Paid Sky Angel Manager?

Sounds like you're on the payroll of Sky Angel. An "Advisory Board" for a satellite system with a goal of being "Christian" would not turn down Christian stations in favor of CNN and secular advertisement unless the "Advistory Board" has ringers on it in favor of management's new goals -- less Christian and more secular. Secular advertisements and CNN's messages are not fit for children's ears -- one of the selling points of Sky Angel's advertisement (safe for children to view). I smell a stinky fish.

Acutally Jody, they would. For Sky Angel to survive they need subscribers. By adding some of the "family friendly" stations they did, they expanded the market for potential subscribers.

JohnH just reported that:

Sky Angel back in the EPG, but listed as Off Air.

9706 SPRT ADDED TO Tp 32 ConUS beam on EchoStar 3 at 61.5w

9710 3ABN ADDED TO Tp 32 ConUS beam on EchoStar 3 at 61.5w

9715 EAGLE ADDED TO Tp 32 ConUS beam on EchoStar 3 at 61.5w

That means that Sky Angel & Dish are making progress on correcting the problem.

Jody J. said:
Sounds like you're on the payroll of Sky Angel. An "Advisory Board" for a satellite system with a goal of being "Christian" would not turn down Christian stations in favor of CNN and secular advertisement unless the "Advistory Board" has ringers on it in favor of management's new goals -- less Christian and more secular. Secular advertisements and CNN's messages are not fit for children's ears -- one of the selling points of Sky Angel's advertisement (safe for children to view). I smell a stinky fish.

Jody,

Please get to know people before you throw accusations. You can read my posts both complimentary and critical of both Dish and Sky Angel going back to 1997 here, DBSTalk, DBSForums and alt.dbs.echostar newsgroup. I am not on the payroll of either Dish nor Sky Angel.

The word "ringers" is generally used as a defamatory term but in reality it refers to some one who is either stating or agreeing with a company goal that differs from the writer's opinion. And if a popular advisory board goes against the writer's POV, then it must have been rigged because no one would disagree with that POV unless they were lackeys.

I know when I first subscribed to Sky Angel, it was mostly because of the secular programming offered on FamilyNet and the promise that "America's Independent Network" (AIN) would be added to the line-up soon. (That lasted less than a month). And when there used to be a weekly "Sky Angel Update" with the late Bob Johnson and Pele the lack of general entertainment program was frequently raised BY THE SUBSCRIBERS.

And once again, Sky Angel does not have CNN. Sky Angel has Fox News because that is what the suscribers wanted! There is no "Chistian" 24 hour news channel available, and subscribers were wanting news!

See ya
Tony

Oh, yeah! Better than not being there at all!

I agree with the comments above, not all is "safe for children to view". Especially Fox News content, commercials & ads. Too bad CBN couldn't have 24 hr news. As for Hallmark, I cannot really say much because I choose not to watch it. I do wish Sky Angel was allowed to screen commercials like Guardian use to. (The "woman stripping in the elevator" commercial was getting very old and I thought very tasteless.) And some of the A-Teams women are dressed a bit on the skimpy side to say the least. But like I said overall Sky Angel is better then regular cable or over-the-air broadcast.
By the way, I do the "Advisary Board" surveys and I never once voted for a secular station although I've only had Sky Angel for a year.
Does anybody know if C-Span or NASA channels would fit in with Sky Angel's programming? From what I know or heard they are pretty much informative and I don't think commercials.