no more 3ABN on Sky Angel?

Nimiq1 is pretty much Conus (Continental US) and Canada (Canada being their main footprint since it is a Canadian satellite company) :)

nothing new that I know of. Dish is continuing to clean off transponders with locals on them so it is possible they might swap TP's with Sky Angel to give SA a chance to add them channels back.

Dish could still use TP32...they just cant cram 12+ chanenls on it :)

I find that the channels on 12676 is quite weak compare to the ones on 12574. Maybe someone can suggest to SA to move the channels from 12676 to 12530 which is a stronger TP.

3ABN off SkyAngel for good?

I live in a large Seventh-day Adventist community. The word here is that the owner of Dominion SkyAngel passed away. I hear his daughter is now running the company. Apparently she has different beliefs about what kind of programming will be aired on her network. It is said that she has determined that Seventh-day Adventist and Catholic programming will be eliminated. I, as well as many thousands (hundreds of thousands?) of Adventists have paid for a lifetime subscription to Dominion SkyAngel with the understanding that 3ABN was a permanent part of the channel lineup. Maybe the new owner believes she has some legal loophole that allows her to eliminate 3ABN. Probably has sme high-paid lawyer handling this for her.... I (and thousands of others in my community) are totally disgusted and angry that this has happened!:mad:

Last edited:
welcome :wave to Satelliteguys

If I'm not mistaken, the founder of sky angel has passed away. As to why 3ABN is not on, there are alot of different rumours.

Fact is the transponders that sky angel uses for the programming has a glitch in it so they can't uplink all the channels. The satellite isnt responding correctly.

Hopefully Dish and Sky Angel get this figured out and the chanenls can come back :)

Lifetime memberships

After I joined a couple of work-out gyms with "lifetime memberships," it was soon clear what the game is: get the money, close the business, open under a new name, then start collecting "lifetime memberships" again. Was there a contract offered by Sky Angel with its "lifetime membership"? What does the small print say? Did you trust their word? Can I sell you and your community the Brooklyn bridge? We all know what will happen in the End Times. Hope Network has the setup that will get the Adventist channels for no monthly fee (AMC4 satellite) and will soon have the 2-eye gadget that is installed on the dish to also get the Sunday church channels (IA5 satellite) free -- so that everyone can keep tabs on where things are going. White said that supernatural means would be used to keep the light from shining on the flocks. Please SDAnurse, get with the new equipment to keep your community's lights shining. It's going to get a whole lot rougher than this!

Hi Jody,

I'm also SDA... here is the latest from 3ABN

TEN COMMANDMENT WEEKEND UPDATE: In the event 3ABN hasn't been restored on Sky Angel by May 5 & 6, Sky Angel has graciously agreed to air 3ABN on Channel 9702 from 7:00 PM ET to Midnight on May 5th and from 9:00 AM ET to 9:00 PM ET on May 6th.

http://www.3abn.org/announcements.cfm

I do believe that this propblem will be corrected and 3ABN will be back full time on Sky Angel soon. I also have a FTA Dish so I can get 3ABN regardless.

I won't speculate as to intentions, but I too found it interesting that Sky Angel waited until after Robert Johnson's passing to come out with their "family" channels.

3abn

dcbag said:
Now would be a good time for 3ABN to be placed on Directv.

hi all my will names is james hunter i live in vienna il
i to am a seventh -day adventist christian,i go to to marion il sda church
i am very dispointed that sky angel. i know that 3 abn-three angels broadcast
is in west frankfort il ,there main studio and tv station is

satellitekid said:
hi all my will names is james hunter i live in vienna il
i to am a seventh -day adventist christian,i go to to marion il sda church
i am very dispointed that sky angel. i know that 3 abn-three angels broadcast
is in west frankfort il ,there main studio and tv station is

satellitekid,

Get a FTA system from 3ABN $199.00 includes shipping. I got one about 3 years ago, you also get other Adventists TV and Radio Channels all FREE no fees.

Gary Z said:
satellitekid,
Get a FTA system from 3ABN $199.00 includes shipping. I got one about 3 years ago, you also get other Adventists TV and Radio Channels all FREE no fees.

FedEx tracking shows my FTA system will arrive on Tuesday. I was oblivious to the existence of FTA, but became aware when 3ABN disappeared from Sky Angel. I've had my life membership in SA long enough that I got my money's worth out of it, even if they don't restore 3ABN. Still glad I have it.

N4ST

If you are doing a self install, and have some issues getting it working, swing by our MPEG/FTA area. Theres lots of good help there :)

I too am SDA and live in Collegedale, TN which has a large SDA population do to SAU located here. Here in Collegedale in addition to SA, their are 3 additional ways to receive 3ABN, with a antenna it can be received free ota via a low power tv channel 30, FTA satellite as mentioned and everyone in the Chattanooga area with access to Comcast cable can get 3ABN buy subbing to digital cable, on channel 295.

Iceberg said:
N4ST
If you are doing a self install, and have some issues getting it working, swing by our MPEG/FTA area. Theres lots of good help there :)

Thanks for the info! Yeah, self-install for sure. I have been "drinking from the firehose" the past week trying to get up to speed on what I need to do. I'm glad these forums exist for us newbies.

N4
Here is a site to get the info on where to aim it
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/Satellite-Heading-Calculator.htm

pick from the cities on the right (or if you know your latitude/longitude enter it...down farther you can put in your zip and it will tell you lat/long) and select 101 as satellite. It will give you the Dish elevation, where in the sky you need to point and skew for optimum signal.

Don't worry, when you get a Hope Channel or Loma Linda Broadcasting satellite system it arrives with easy step by step instructions complete with the aiming coordinates and a complete installation kit. You really don't have to study anything in advance. If you do want to do some homework, just go to the website and download the installation guides. If you have any problems, the technical support department can help you from 8am - 5pm, M - Th and 8am - 4pm on Fridays at 888-393-4673 Professional installation can also be arranged if the install seems overwhelming .... some of the installers are regulars on this forum.

confused

I just signed on to the forum ; it seems I share the sentiments of many of those posting.. I really appreciate the technical advice being given ; thanks for the patience to answer the same questions over and over and over . Any way I am a lifer with sky angel ; I have two dishes from dishnet. when I acquired skyangel they put the second up for local channels and I then subscribed to skyangel paying $5.99 a month for the local stations. Does dishnet own the dishes? Would I be able to use the one pointed to skyangel ; cancel dishnet ; take the other dish down which used to have regular dish programming ---and put up a ku band as the second dish? I am sure you guys have dozens of dishes on your roof but I would prefer keeping the number at two. I would guess I would then use the ku for both 97 and 101 to get the maximum number of stations? ( I really hope this makes sense) thanks for your patience.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts