Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
If you want a 921 and have not purchased one yet, now could be your last chance to get one.

I am told by a few at Echostar that their warehouses are totally out of 921's. I am also told that the 942 has been delayed until early April.

If you are thinking about getting a 921, this could be your last chance to purchase a new unit. Once they are gone they are gone.

Remember it has taken DIsh over a year since the 921 has been released to get it semi stable, can you imagine what a 942 will be like when it is released to the public?

Of course the 921 is still available in limited quantities from our sponsor DishStore.NET and also from other online retailers.

tonyp56 said:
Just wondering, when will the public figure out that the 921 is a boat anchor?

An odd piece of equipment perhaps but mine has worked fairly well and aside from a couple minor problems for the 500 I paid, a good buy.

i got rid of my 6000 before the prices dropped on that, broke even on my 811, and made money on the rest of the receivers. i don't see the 921s being in that much of demand.

and it does not surprise me that the 942s have been pushed back.

I gave up a 501 when I got an 811. I miss having a DVR and thought about the 942 or the 921 but with MPEG4 coming, I''m having trouble making up my mind.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I am told by a few at Echostar that their warehouses are totally out of 921's. I am also told that the 942 has been delayed until early April.
That's pretty piss-poor planning on Dish's part.... So if a customer calls Dish directly and orders service, an HD-DVR will NOT be an option ?? I doubt many retailers stock 921s either.... In my case, the lack of a reasonably priced or lease-able HD-DVR pushed me back to the dark side. I read in other forums that this has been the case for a LOT of other people too.
Remember it has taken DIsh over a year since the 921 has been released to get it semi stable, can you imagine what a 942 will be like when it is released to the public?
Hopefully they'll release it when it's ready, not release it on some imaginary date on a calender, chosen by their marketing people.

hall said:
That's pretty piss-poor planning on Dish's part.... So if a customer calls Dish directly and orders service, an HD-DVR will NOT be an option ?? I doubt many retailers stock 921s either.... In my case, the lack of a reasonably priced or lease-able HD-DVR pushed me back to the dark side. I read in other forums that this has been the case for a LOT of other people too.

Yep, I also, I think in about a year E*(and D*) will understand they will have to offer a affordable HD-DVR lease (this pay $250 down just so you can lease one for $10.00 a month is crazy) look how Comcast is doing with theirs, over one million HD boxes out there with about 200,000-300,000 HD-DVR (6408, 6412) for D* and E* to compete they have no choice or cable will pass them by.

i have a scientific atlantic 8300 which works as advertised included in my package for leaving dish to come back to cable. i have that deal for a year. after cable i will either be going to directv or verizon.

korsjs said:
i have a scientific atlantic 8300 which works as advertised included in my package for leaving dish to come back to cable. i have that deal for a year. after cable i will either be going to directv or verizon.
I have the SA 8000HD currently and hope to swap it for an 8300HD when my local TW gets them (receiver acting up or they simply come out with a newer and better one ?? drive to the local office and exchange it, no questions asked). I have a reall good deal for switching from satellite for one year and then a "reduced" deal for the 2nd year. Maybe by then, Dish or DirecTV will be leasing *reliable* HD-DVRs and I'll be back. :)

JasonSyracuse said:
My company has about 6 or 7 of them in stock. We hardly ever sell them and who knows what we're going to do with the remaining half-dozen.

welcome to satelliteguys. as a dealer, you will find lots of useful info here.

good luck getting rid of your remaining units.

I refuse to buy one... in fact, I setup a thread in the HDTV section to rally folks for building a home-made solution that met or exceeded the *per spec* capability of the 921. That shouldnt be too hard, considering the 921 hardly ever performs to spec in any way.

Good luck selling those units.

-Bill

Good luck with your home made solution. Don't forget those PCI Satellite tuners cards in the 921s. They can come in handy.

There are still a bunch at the Costco by my house. They don't seem to be moving much in the past two months. Unless of course they are being restocked.

Dish 921

Am I missing someting?
I happen to like my 921. :D
If I did not have one I would be very interested in getting one.
I have not had any major issues with it and able to record two HD channels at once. With so few HD-PVR out there and this being the only one for Dish at this time.
With so little HD programing available on Dish I feel this is a must.

tincognito said:
Am I missing someting?
I happen to like my 921. :D
If I did not have one I would be very interested in getting one.
I have not had any major issues with it and able to record two HD channels at once. With so few HD-PVR out there and this being the only one for Dish at this time.
With so little HD programing available on Dish I feel this is a must.
Welcome to SatelliteGuys...:) and I agree...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)