No more Gamplan Pay Per Day?????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RWR

Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
I'm hearing murmurings that D* is not offering ESPN Gameplan on a weekly basis this year, only as a whole package. The CSR I spoke with was useless. Anybody have any insight on this?

that would be mega stupid, they could always make about three weekend LSU tigervision games off me. Since I live in the southno way i'm payin for that for all season when I get all the SEC games regionally here anyway and the major ones on ESPN and CBS and Notre Dame on NBC. The two or three games I want to watch LSU play are against chump CUSA or Sun Belt not on TV anyway or some 1AA team on PPV at the out of state rate so not worth paying the full subuscription price, another dumbass marketing move. But again this is probably not DTV;s decision, sounds like the idiots at ESPN made this brilliant strategeric move.

geaux1 said:
that would be mega stupid, they could always make about three weekend LSU tigervision games off me. Since I live in the southno way i'm payin for that for all season when I get all the SEC games regionally here anyway and the major ones on ESPN and CBS and Notre Dame on NBC. The two or three games I want to watch LSU play are against chump CUSA or Sun Belt not on TV anyway or some 1AA team on PPV at the out of state rate so not worth paying the full subuscription price, another dumbass marketing move. But again this is probably not DTV;s decision, sounds like the idiots at ESPN made this brilliant strategeric move.

You are going to pay to watch my Ragin Cajuns beat the Tigers? :D

I thought you could still order pay per view but it cost more something like $20.00 per day?

Last year i saw nothing posted about the per day and it worried me. There was just one game that I wanted to see. Gameday came and there it was, so I just assumed it would be the same way again.

FlyingJ said:
Last year i saw nothing posted about the per day and it worried me. There was just one game that I wanted to see. Gameday came and there it was, so I just assumed it would be the same way again.

Yep no more per day. I just called customer service.:mad:

igator99 said:
Yep no more per day. I just called customer service.:mad:

I don't believe they've ever really advertised it. I believe the CSR's are looking at the same info we see on the website, so if it's not mentioned on the website the CSR's will say it's not available.

Well, as is often the case, the rumors were false. It is available on a weekly basis and is now able to be ordered on the website by pulling up the program guide and selecting the appropriate day, time, and channel. Then click on the light blue "order" button and away you go.

In the future it'd really be nice if they would disclose more than a day in advance that it's going to be available. Oh well, good new for this year anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts