No More SD Receivers Installed in Eastern Arch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jimjo3298

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
Fremont Nebraska
Old News, but new News to some retailers, no more SD receivers allowed in customer installs. Anyone who wants a SD receiver have to call dish direct. This comes first hand info from dish. The new rule came down dec 17th but not until Feb 5th were they(the retailer) informed. A lot of their customers don't want HD or have HD sets, they just want dish and locals. They had been installing dish 500s and had no problem installing and activating SD recievers. Since eastern arc came up any invetory of SD receivers can only be used to upgrade existing customers. As Paul Harvey says now you know the rest of the story.

Last edited:
Explain, please?

Any decent retailer and/or installer *should* know that SD receivers are NOT compatible with *any* EA install.

(how do you think I was able to get my 510 replaced with a 612...free of charge? :) )

So the big question ... How long until Dish starts the enormous task of replacing all existing MPEG2 SD receivers and shutting down existing MPEG2 programming on 110/119?

yeah i guess csr is getting trained on only 211k, 222k, 612, 722k. and if you have ViP receivers on an EA install.... no enabling fee. kinda cool.

and there was a batch of 322's that we got in our warehouse that is compatable with EA. well at lest there was the circled "a" on the 'product description' sticker on the box

...and there was a batch of 322's that we got in our warehouse that is compatable with EA. well at lest there was the circled "a" on the 'product description' sticker on the box
I think that means they have the embedded G3 smart card. If they are some sort of MPEG-4 capable 322's, then I really hate Dish nomenclature because that's just nuts!

I'm fairly certain that no 322's are, nor ever will be, MPEG-4 capable. They are, however, G3 compliant with the correct smartcard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts